In Case You Missed the Announcement

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Just post a link so we can order it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just post a link so we can order it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Irene. A link to Elandan Gardens is included at the link I provided. Stone Lantern will also carry it.

Vic has pointed out that the JPEG I cropped and tweaked for posting here has some artifacts in the background black color that I can't see on my monitor - my apologies to you all. I've asked her to post her corrected version of it here. The actual file of the cover in Adobe's InDesign, which went off to the printer this morning, does not seem to have these artifacts and blemishes, but I've asked the printer to make extra sure, and they will be sending me proofs soon anyway.

Will

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Congratulations Will, and Victrinia, if the book is anything like the cover looks, it will be a great book. The focus doesn't hurt either, good luck with sales.

Just remember us little folks down the road.;)

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a bit of an update I'm transfering from the buying/selling thread:

Hey G52 will the book be available at the GSBF convention Santa Clara the end of October?
Mary B.

Hi Mary.

An Update: Dan is now thinking of going down to the convention there, and is looking into having a table/booth to sell autographed copies. Not a sure thing yet, but it looks like a strong possibility.

Will

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hey Group, B-Nutters get a discount..........:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Group, B-Nutters get a discount..........:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

Probably not, Harry, but it's not up to me. My cut's the same no how much it sells for, but those doing the selling are not initially planning to offer any price discounts. They may offer discounted S&H at some point, but not price initially. Sorry.

But Harry, aren't you the one who's always bragging about the amount of disposable income you have to spend on bonsai, or am I thinking of someone else. ;)

G

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Probably not, Harry, but it's not up to me. My cut's the same no how much it sells for, but those doing the selling are not initially planning to offer any price discounts. They may offer discounted S&H at some point, but not price initially. Sorry.

But Harry, aren't you the one who's always bragging about the amount of disposable income you have to spend on bonsai, or am I thinking of someone else. ;)

G

I don't believe I've ever bragged about anything, but I try the work the best deal on anything I buy, just my nature.

keep it green,
Harry

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't believe I've ever bragged about anything, but I try the work the best deal on anything I buy, just my nature.

keep it green,
Harry

You did.......but only after a certain amount of provocation:rolleyes:

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will they be for sale at the convention in Washington? I will be coming up and staying with Vic and Eric. I would love to buy one then:)

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will they be for sale at the convention in Washington? I will be coming up and staying with Vic and Eric. I would love to buy one then:)

That's the idea, but it will depend on the printing process and shipping time at this point. Most of the delays so far have been of my own making: a true amateur swimming in the deep water with pros. Having the books ready for sale at the convention here in late September has always been my goal - a little booth with Dan, Vic and I signing them - but at this point I'm making the production of a quality book my #1 priority, even if we miss the convention because it takes a little longer to get it right. I think it's still do-able, but I can't guarantee it at this point. Sorry.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Congrats Will, Victrinia & Dan. I'm looking foward to the release of this book:)

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just an updated teaser about the book:

1. For those coming to the Pacific Northwest Bonsai Club Association Convention held this year in Bremerton, Washington (a short drive from Elandan Gardens), we hope to have a small table with several advance copies of the book available for viewing and ordering, and Elandan Gardens will be taking advance orders, and offering a “Convention Special” half off on shipping and handling for those who order there at the convention. Info about the convention can be found here: http://www.evergreenbonsaiclub.com/Convention.aspx.

2. The book is also posted now for pre-order on the Elandan Gardens web site: http://www.elandangardens.com.

3. Books ordered through Elandan Gardens will be signed by Dan Robinson, Will Hiltz and Victrinia Ridgeway. If you don’t want any signatures, or only some of the the three of us for some reason, that will need to be worked out with Elandan ahead of time.

4. Books are also available for pre-order through Stone Lantern: http://www.stonelantern.com

5. The latest is that the books are expected to arrive late September or early October, and should be available for shipping to those who pre-order shortly after that. There are no further delays expected from me or the printers, but I cannot promise an exact time on the surface shipping from Hong Kong.

Last edited:

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My six complimentary author's copies arrived from the printer today via special courier . . . . The rest of the shipment should be on the slow boat from China as I write. :)

Top Bottom