In need of a good Spray Bottle

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm looking for some recommendations for good spray bottles. In particular I need something on a small to medium size that can spray with a good mist but with a narrow more localized spray (but not a stream). All of the various insect and disease treatment/sprays that I have - the bottles they come in are generally terrible with their spray patterns and end up wasting a tremendous amount of the material.

I have a larger 2-3 gallon unit with a hand pump that works well for larger spraying jobs (like in our garden). But I need something that I can pour liquid in to to apply very localized sprays to a tree with, doing single trees at a time, that kind of scale.

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
Sounds funny but go to a local auto parts, they have heavier duty spray bottles for use with liquid waxes that i use all over the house, for outside, gives a decent amount of adjustability for the spray as well...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I got one for you, it's the best spray bottle ever. Don't have time to get you a link but if you remind me tomorrow I'll get it for you. It's amazing you'll never go back to regular spray bottles!!! Swear!

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got one for you, it's the best spray bottle ever. Don't have time to get you a link but if you remind me tomorrow I'll get it for you. It's amazing you'll never go back to regular spray bottles!!! Swear!
This sounds like you with a mouthful, somebody tickles your ribs ....
Maybe tell you a funny story, so funny that a fine mist comes out your nose! :D:p:D:eek::eek:

But, what could possibly be the big secret?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The one that atlarsenal linked above has an up and down adjustable head which allows one to hold the sprayer level and spray up under the branches and leaves. I think that one is a must for me anyway. Peter

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have been through a bunch of grocery/hardware store spray bottles and not happy with any, few last more than a season. I purchased one of these after seeing your post and LOVE it. All the functionality of my 2gal sprayer but cheaper and far more flexible and maneuverable. It also seems to be well made and durable (time will tell).
I am considering getting more so I can label them for different purposes (fertilizer, lime/sulfer, Neem oil / insecticidal soap, etc).
Thanks for the recommendation!

TommyHallahan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have tried quite a few diff. Types of sprayers; for watering, pesticides/fungicides...
[#1] my favorite has been the "stihl SG10" 54 oz hand sprayer, but is a older model and might be hard to find. (Amazon might though)
[#2] I also have the "stihl SG11" (stihls current/newer version hand sprayer) i like the SG10 more because it has 2 tip sizes both of which are adjustable.

And also if a more simple spray bottle is what you desire, I really like this
[# 3] general purpose 24oz, I picked it up at my local hardware store: "Hudson All-Angle Sprayer"
Or;
[#4] "Professional Horse Sprayer" 36oz (high output) the brand is Tolco and I picked it up at Tractor supply

TommyHallahan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As far as I know they can all handle and be used for either pesticides herbicide or watering. Hope that's useful

Johnnyd

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Has anyone else had problems with lyme sulfur ruining their spray bottles.

Top Bottom