Inconsistent notifications

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I fairly regularly stumble across threads that I’m following that have new posts, but I never received a notification. Does anyone else experience this?

Aeast

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yes, it seems like it only notifies you a certain amount of time after. Always wondered about this as well.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
..just hit watch, this is always logged in -watched threads, I think....

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
It happens to me all the time I have been noticing. I know one of Mach5’s posts almost never show up it seems. I know on one occasion he posted after another thread I subscribe to was posted on and nothing showed up.

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
It happens to me as well. I thought it was due to me not posting again. I thought it continuously notifies you if you are active and slows down the less you post.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don’t find any rhyme or reason to it. I’ll still get notifications from threads that I haven’t been active on for a long time.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have the opposite problem, no matter how many times i try to disable emails, i keep getting them.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It will give you updates when you post in it. (didn't check all the threads, but I get much notifications).

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I fairly regularly stumble across threads that I’m following that have new posts, but I never received a notification. Does anyone else experience this?
It happens to me when I see a notification and skip reading it for a lack of time... Next time I don't recieve notifications and am surprised seeing the thread active among new posts. I'm not sure it happens always, but at least very often, my explanation...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll have it give me notifications sometimes for threads and posts Ive already seen.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
You should only receive emails if you sign up for them.

Go into your Account Control, and under Your Account / Preferences you will see all of options for when you want to be emailed, and when you want to receive a site alert.

If you have your settings set up in a certain way, and the site is doing something else, please let me know the specifics.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
In my case, I’m not talking about email notifications. It’s the little red square with a number in it that shows up at the bell icon, indicating how many notifications you have. I frequently see new posts on threads that I am subscribed to (as indicated by the spectacles icon), but I never received a notification about it. There are other threads where I haven’t been active for ages, but I still get notifications (as I would expect to, unless I unwatch them).

Top Bottom