Indoor lighting questions!

Cattwooduk

Shohin
Reaction score
A light fixture is about 2-3" deep, easily concealable. Seems like you're set on a single bulb though. Best of luck.
Yeah that was my preference from the start but wasn't totally against the idea of a panel or maybe a tube. I guess it could work if I hide it with something just in front of it or angle it back slightly away/into the alcove.

That SunBlaster @JeffS73 linked looks pretty good. If it's a warmish light I could get away with it. Preferable to a 'white' light

love these. got two of them (two sets of 2lights) and they work awesome. look at those reviews !! i love amazon reviews, such a kickass capitalistic principle

I looked at a couple of different versions of these but I wasn't sure quite how good they'd be. There's so many brands that all look identical I'm sometimes sceptical of the reviews, especially when half of them say individual LEDs start to die after a few weeks. I know there's a lot of cheaper products that end up with LOADS of fake reviews etc to boost their sales.

I might pick one up to try in another room where I've got a few smaller plants that could probably do with a bit of a light boost.

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I guess the tubes might all be made in the same factory - but I've run 2x larger sun blasters (silly name) for pine seedlings for over a year (18hrs on) and they grow well enough, and the light is way easier on the eye than LED. They run quite cool, mine are 8-10" above my plants.

cbrshadow23

Shohin
Reaction score
Where were all of your LED experts when I was pushing LED's in another thread and was getting ganged up on by old-school folks on this forum saying that T5 shop lights are just as good? The conversation ended when I was being accused of being a big investor of LED companies. haha

Good advice given above, especially from Harunobu

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am using t5 ho lights. I would love to try spider farmer leds one of these days.
I don’t mind the heat that the t5s put out. Not too bad.
My best advice is try to get close to 6500 color temp.
I have upgraded my aquariums to leds so I know they can grow plants.

Top Bottom