INDOOR/OUTDOOR THERMOMETER

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I have used these thermometers with three sensors for several years with pretty good luck. The base with read-outs is in the house and the sensors are in different areas where I have trees stored like the cold frame (with heat matts and thermo), bonsai shed (with heat adjusted to 33-38 F), and one that is in the open on the deck. I want to know at a glance from the house where we are temp wise in these two bonsai locations and what the ambient air is also. One of the sensors in the system from last year is not reading correctly this year so ordered a new system as below and several of the sensors would not set correctly so returned it. Anyone using this type of apparatus an having better luck than me? the one shown here is only $28.00 so not expensive. I would not mind paying more if more meant better quality. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please understand I live in a zone 5-6 and need to protect maples and other temp sensitive trees and also newly collected yamadori.

1668092819688.png

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’ve been using the Govee system. It’s modular so you can get as many sensors, label them on the app and have access to data wherever you have cellular signal. I can also setup alerts if it goes beyond a certain temp. I’ve been tracking different areas and the differences between outside, weather reported, attached garage and detached garage to get a feel on differences. I’ve liked it so far since it spits out graphs so a quick glimpse at trends can be looked at.

Top Bottom