Info on my Mr. Jim Barrett?

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
I'm curious what anyone can tell me about Mr. Jim Barrett in So Cal? I've recently realized that several trees I really liked over the last several years were his-I'm a fan! Particularly love the twisted pomegranates he's created. Does he have a nursery or does anyone possibly have his contact info? Would love to see them in person.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
No he doesn't have a nursery. He still may sell some trees from his home occasionally as well as pots. In past years he's had a booth at the Bonsai-A-Thon Fundraiser at the Huntington. I recently handled a large sale that had several of his trees. His most well know Pomegranate was donated to the GSBF Collection at The Huntington.

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm curious what anyone can tell me about Mr. Jim Barrett in So Cal? I've recently realized that several trees I really liked over the last several years were his-I'm a fan! Particularly love the twisted pomegranates he's created. Does he have a nursery or does anyone possibly have his contact info? Would love to see them in person.

You just missed his Saturday BYOT class in Santa Barbara this past Sept. 15th!

He also has this great elm clump at the Huntington. I seem to remember he has some others already there, in addition to newly donated pomegranate.

http://huntingtonblogs.org/2017/02/two-gifts-from-master-bonsai-artists/

Top Bottom