Info requested.

Bonsaidoorguy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Got this azalea last year from an older gentleman that had to give up bonsai because of failing eye sight ? it just started blooming and I'm curious if anyone might know what variety it is? 20190514_190722.jpg

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's a really full flower for an azalea, almost rose like. Looks really beautiful!

I wonder if it was a florist's type azalea? That said, these types can be less cold hardy depending on where you live.

Bonsaidoorguy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That's a really full flower for an azalea, almost rose like. Looks really beautiful!

I wonder if it was a florist's type azalea? That said, these types can be less cold hardy depending on where you live.
Well it was left out last winter and ended up sitting under a foot of snow for about a week here in Seattle, but it never got down past low twenties if I remember.

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
There is a variety routinely found in gardens and garden centers here named 'Rosebud'. Yours certainly looks like that.

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Amen to that..I have three of them, and when the blossoms open they’re about the size of a 50 cent piece, and look exactly like one of my David Austin antique English roses, in miniature. You got lucky.

Top Bottom