Informal Display of Bristlecone Mame

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I enjoy the symbolism of the accent as the world ecosystem - with the blue oceans balanced by the lush green forests. However we need to be careful that we do not take it for granted, or we might get pricked! Ouch!

The rotating display stand is an innovative touch, signifying the earth's rotation or perhaps even representative of the tumbling journey our solar system is taking through the cosmos. Comparatively, I feel as tiny and insignificant as the small bristlecone!

The plastic pot of the bonsai is a statement of our over-riding consumerism and dependence upon artificial materials. The juxtaposition of the square, artificial pot and the fluid, natural tree is a powerful reminder that the more we try to improve upon nature, the farther we fall from the ideal.

I could go on, but right now I'm a little choked up. I need a little time with myself.

A true masterwork! Thank you for sharing!

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I enjoy the symbolism of the accent as the world ecosystem - with the blue oceans balanced by the lush green forests. However we need to be careful that we do not take it for granted, or we might get pricked! Ouch!

The rotating display stand is an innovative touch, signifying the earth's rotation or perhaps even representative of the tumbling journey our solar system is taking through the cosmos. Comparatively, I feel as tiny and insignificant as the small bristlecone!

The plastic pot of the bonsai is a statement of our over-riding consumerism and dependence upon artificial materials. The juxtaposition of the square, artificial pot and the fluid, natural tree is a powerful reminder that the more we try to improve upon nature, the farther we fall from the ideal.

I could go on, but right now I'm a little choked up. I need a little time with myself.

A true masterwork! Thank you for sharing!

LOL...hehehe :D

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
That's awsome.............won me over!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I knew all along he had talent. Mostly at BS but talent never the less.....

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Keeping cactus is a terrible hobby,black weeping rot,seemingly instant mushy stem collapse,orange rot,root mealy,mealy,red spider,sun scorch,cold scorch,vine weevil,mushroom fly,even slugs and snails.

Bob

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Klytus, I wish I could get my tree trunks to be as twisted as you are! I really enjoyed your display!

Bob.

Top Bottom