Initial styling of Ilex Schillings

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Great base! Great photography too. I am assuming you have some sort of camera and lights setup because your photos always look very nice. Working on setting something like that up myself...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Great base! Great photography too. I am assuming you have some sort of camera and lights setup because your photos always look very nice. Working on setting something like that up myself...
Thank you. I am a professional photographer by trade so i just happened to have “the stuff” haha. The set up is pretty easy though.

I have a LED light panel to either camera right or left. I shoot with either a canon mark iv or a Sony a7r, but any camera would be great, even an Iphone. And then i just make sure i have a nice clean backdrop. I move the light around and play with what looks best. I also use a reflector or large white poster board to fill in the shadows on the opposite side of the light. Lastly, i put some space between the tree and the background, to minimize shadows. (Not like in this photo) Excuse the mess and toys. But that’s actually how it usually goes down. Haha553DA0C1-6A53-438C-B0EB-6D6CF4A06603.jpeg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
work that pruned branch wound a bit? On the foremost "branch/trunk" that might "heal" a bit ugly?

No cut-paste son? ;)

No wonder it looks good, your a friggen' "professional"!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

farley1.gif

In my defense, I use a Handy-Cam.....🤮

I dig the stark wall decor...or are you that kind of photographer of the "risque" and photoshopped out the "sexy"?:pđź’‹

Looks good, nice effort. Like Miami or Jersey better?
hAPPY fRIDAY.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thank you. I am a professional photographer by trade so i just happened to have “the stuff” haha. The set up is pretty easy though.

I have a LED light panel to either camera right or left. I shoot with either a canon mark iv or a Sony a7r, but any camera would be great, even an Iphone. And then i just make sure i have a nice clean backdrop. I move the light around and play with what looks best. I also use a reflector or large white poster board to fill in the shadows on the opposite side of the light. Lastly, i put some space between the tree and the background, to minimize shadows. (Not like in this photo) Excuse the mess and toys. But that’s actually how it usually goes down. HahaView attachment 331234

Awesome! Thanks for the explanation.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Did you chop those roots too? Never a better time
I didn’t. I didn’t have bonsai soil on hand and going into fall I was a little hesitant. I plan on potting it this spring......but don’t tempt me. Haha

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Looks good, nice effort. Like Miami or Jersey better?
hAPPY fRIDAY.
[/QUOTE]
Hard to say buuuut, I think if I’m being completely honest, I miss NJ. I miss seasons. Florida feels like too much of a good thing, which isn’t always a good thing, ya know....

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I would think without a danger for frost cutting down the roots would be a good idea? I would just to advance the material at this stage. You just took off 90+%of the foliage, so reducing 70 or 80 %of the rootball seems ok?

I really like how you created the virt so you have a plan to work towards. Cool material for sure. I have a couple from another thread I should try that.

Top Bottom