Input issues on the forum

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
The text field is acting up and I'm experiencing difficulties with typing straighht senntences withouut double letters.
I cleared my cache, shut down Chrome and tried again. Running windows 11 as a fresh install too.

It's only happenniing in bonsainut.com text fields, not in other software or text fields in the chrome browser on other websites.

My PC is brand spanking new, 32gb of memoooory, dedicated graphics and some kind of new ryzen processor. It can run moderrn games on ultra settings so I believe it's nnot an issue wwwitth memoory or processinng.

Noot sure why this is happeninng but since I'm kind of a neat freak when it comes to text.. This is buuugging mme a whole lot.

I only had to press backspace fifty times and my writing still comes out like this.
Feels like I'm having a super high ping or somethiiiiinng. But my speedtest is showiing nothiing out of the ordinary. Same goes for process manager on windows; CPU usage is low, as is all the rest.
speedtest1.jpg

I don't experience these issues on mobile - but that miight just be because I type slower. Is there anyone that can help me out?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Bicketty-Bump.

(I use mobile, but I'd like to see this figured out for ya)

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I tried, and it seems to work.
Case closed.

But I still can't figure out why, though.
Yeah, that's weird it was just this site.

Maybe your new PC is toooo fast, and registered a quick keystroke as a long press =)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I tried, and it seems to work.
Case closed.

But I still can't figure out why, though.
Random repeating keystrokes are almost always going to be keyboard related, and it can sometimes be hard to track down. It is one thing if you spill a cup of coffee on your keyboard, but sometimes it can be a crimped cord, low batteries on a wireless model, or electrical interference with a wireless model. Sometimes you can have a bad USB port on your PC, and if you plug your keyboard into a different port it suddenly starts working.

The only thing I can't explain is why it would work fine with all Internet sites but one... It's not like this web site is directly connected to the electrical signals coming from your keyboard. They are digitized in your PC - and the same digital code is sent out from your PC regardless of web site.

The good news is that a new keyboard is pretty cheap (compared to the cost of a new PC). It is pretty rare for a keyboard to last me two years... even with good mechanical keys, cleaning, and maintenance.

Last edited:

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It's happening again..
Cleaned the keys, changed the batteries, but it keeps happening with random letters so it's either a send & receive issue or a processing issue. I did add another bluetooth device to the room and the xbox is running downstairs, so there's 10 bluetooth devices within a 10 meter range.

I also thought it was weird that it only happens on bonsainut alone but since this website is awesome at saving text while typing, I figured it might be some cache overflow issue. But that's excluded because the other keyboard doesn't have the same issue.

I'm serious about how awesome the text saves are. Haven't seen anything like it on other forums.

Top Bottom