Insect eggs?

SizeXtraMedium

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hello, could anyone tell me what these strange egg clusters on my mugo pine needles are? They don't look like scale I've seen online but I can't seem to find anything similar. I am from New Hampshire if that helps any. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20180823_190819.jpg
    20180823_190819.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 69

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello, could anyone tell me what these strange egg clusters on my mugo pine needles are? They don't look like scale I've seen online but I can't seem to find anything similar. I am from New Hampshire if that helps any. Thank you!

Sawfly eggs

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please add location/zone to profile. Gives better results:cool:. Contact local nursery/garden store for best means to eradicate.

SizeXtraMedium

Yamadori
Reaction score
Thank you all for your quick responses, I sprayed the tree well with neem oil and will scrape off any eggs I see

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They can strip the needles from a branch overnight. I'd remove the eggs from the needles or remove the eggs and needles completely, then spray with a systemic.
Bayer 3 in 1 keeps them away.

Cherubina

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm in West-central Pennsylvania on the side of a mountain, with a new Atlas Cedar and a JWP brought to the house within a few weeks. Over the last 3-4 days, I've had 3 attacks of these disgusting egg deposits on both young trees. I scraped them off manually and last night I sprayed insecticidal soap lightly from all directions on the conifers. I was planning on doing some wiring of these trees soon. I'll be watching them closely. I still don't know exactly what species it is, but 3x is enemy action.

Attachments

• 20230924_185233.jpg
    20230924_185233.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom