Inspiring Oak

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
While spending Thanksgiving at my brother-in-law's house, most the people were drooling over the turkey, and sweet potatos, etc. but I was in awe of the old oak in his front yard. It has incredible personality.

What do you think?

Attachments

• oak1.JPG
    oak1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 82
  • oak2.JPG
    oak2.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 56
  • oak3.JPG
    oak3.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 44

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
Barry,
The trunk of the tree is pretty amazing. The branchs and foliage appear to be a mess and are not attractive to me at all. Some people think that this image would make a great Bonsai as it is all natural.
After all, the most misused qoute today is... " ". ( I am sure everyone can fill in the blanks)
While this tree offers elements which could be used in creating interesting and beautiful Bonsai, other
features are an example of things which do not work, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Barry,
The trunk of the tree is pretty amazing. The branchs and foliage appear to be a mess and are not attractive to me at all. Some people think that this image would make a great Bonsai as it is all natural.
After all, the most misused qoute today is... " ". ( I am sure everyone can fill in the blanks)
While this tree offers elements which could be used in creating interesting and beautiful Bonsai, other
features are an example of things which do not work, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

A true observation, the branching is weak. I suppose that is because it is a dying tree. However, If I could have a trunk and nebari like that, I'd learn to live with the weak branching.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
It was trees like this, planted out in the lanscape or growing wild, that initially caught my attention as a highschool kid, leading to a lifelong love for growing things in general, but trees in particular. Thanks for posting.

Dave

anttal63

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
that is amazing barry. i see two sad grumpy old men side by side. the one on the right is suffering in pain and close to kickn the bucket.

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
While spending Thanksgiving at my brother-in-law's house, most the people were drooling over the turkey, and sweet potatos, etc. but I was in awe of the old oak in his front yard. It has incredible personality.

What do you think?

Are they blind or something????
Now where are the rest of the pics of this tree ;) , I Know you did not just take one side of it...
Mom

Top Bottom