international bonsai

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bill has some REALLY nice pre bonsai pines for sale aswell as bundled seedlings for group plantings,i was very happy when i opened the box to find a pine with great movement no inversetaper,healthy bacbudding mikawa pine.The roots are all fiborous,only 3inches deep,9inches wide in bonsai soil,they could easily be slipped into a bonsai pot and styled,or grown out,my pines trunk was very close to 2inches and the bark is cracking nicely,very compact little tree.The seedlings were all diffrent sizes perfect for groups.Im very happy with my purchase and have already purchased another pine,buy with confidence.Thanks Mr. Valvanis.

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Did not think i needed to in this forum,have not taken any yet.

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This tree will eventually get styled,advice here,so i will eventually have picks.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I too would like to see a photo of the tree, it's taunting otherwise....;)

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I had ordered all 4 of last years magazines from them and they were shipped very quickly, which was pleasing.
Shortly thereafter I sent several emails regarding the pre-bonsai JBP and never got any response.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I recently received a beautiful shohin sized chojubai. It arrived in great shape and was so pleased.

This is really a mom and pop shop and with bill traveling to japan and out with other matters,
there are times when he is not able to respond in the manner he would like to for customer service. Maybe not everyone knows but common knowledge that bill has been getting over some cancer surgery.

Last year I had trouble with delivery of the magazine, and bill worked thru that and got it figured out. he also surprised me with a japanese magazine (kindai bonsai) with article on
japanese chojubai quince, because he knew I would appreciate the info. So i know he has a good heart.

I certainly would do business with him again, and because of the national treasure he is, hopefully we can over look some things that aren't exactly what we would have hoped for. :)

BoneSci

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have ordered seedlings and starters for years from Bill and have been very happy so I decided to give a more expensive pre-bonsai a try. I ordered a pine this year and have to admit I was slightly disappointed. The description was for a 10-14 inch plant, but the pine I received was over 26 inches tall and it was 10 inches to the first branch.

That being said, the trunk is thick - close to 2 inches and has some nice movement and the branching is in the correct places, so I do not feel ripped off at all. Considering what I have seen JBP goign for here in the east I still think it was a good purchase. Just know that there is a fair amount of flex in the described tree size.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have ordered seedlings and starters for years from Bill and have been very happy so I decided to give a more expensive pre-bonsai a try. I ordered a pine this year and have to admit I was slightly disappointed. The description was for a 10-14 inch plant, but the pine I received was over 26 inches tall and it was 10 inches to the first branch.

That being said, the trunk is thick - close to 2 inches and has some nice movement and the branching is in the correct places, so I do not feel ripped off at all. Considering what I have seen JBP goign for here in the east I still think it was a good purchase. Just know that there is a fair amount of flex in the described tree size.

Can you share a pic?

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I recently received a beautiful shohin sized chojubai. It arrived in great shape and was so pleased.

This is really a mom and pop shop and with bill traveling to japan and out with other matters,
there are times when he is not able to respond in the manner he would like to for customer service. Maybe not everyone knows but common knowledge that bill has been getting over some cancer surgery.

Last year I had trouble with delivery of the magazine, and bill worked thru that and got it figured out. he also surprised me with a japanese magazine (kindai bonsai) with article on
japanese chojubai quince, because he knew I would appreciate the info. So i know he has a good heart.

I certainly would do business with him again, and because of the national treasure he is, hopefully we can over look some things that aren't exactly what we would have hoped for. :)

Just a FYI he's out of Chojubai as of last week. Sent him an email and he'd sold them already.

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thumbs up for Bill and Diane Valavanis and the International Bonsai operation!

I've bought plants from his yearly catalog and have been very happy. Trees were as healthy as could be.

Also, I like the unusual species he offers.

Magazine is excellent.

Best,

Augustine
Central MD 7a

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thumbs up for Bill and Diane Valavanis and the International Bonsai operation!

I've bought plants from his yearly catalog and have been very happy. Trees were as healthy as could be.

Also, I like the unusual species he offers.

Magazine is excellent.

Best,

Augustine
Central MD 7a

I agree. Bill always responds to my emails, but might take a while of he is traveling. I bought a nice little koto hime maple from him this year.

Top Bottom