International magazine 2015 volume 4?

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hey guys. I know bill is busy and I hate bothering him. I know this issue (2015 vol 4) normaly comes late January but I havnet seen mine yet. I know it normaly comes with the seedling catalog and re subscription. Just curiously if yall got yours. I saw the seedling catalog is online. Going to hope I'm not to late for some trees :D

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I subscribe, but don't always get to it at a consistent time each year. I ordered the 2015 issues and subscribed for 2016 around the first of the year. Haven't gotten any just yet.
@Planta , check out http://www.internationalbonsai.com/page/1403493
Great publication, high quality, fair price. Bill does an enormous amount of work in the bonsai community.

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
International Bonsai 2015 no. 4 has been shipped but was delayed due to health issues which temporarily slowed Bill
The issue is worth the wait and catalog and subscription renewal can be done online.
Also check out the new website for the 5th US National Bonsai Exhibition!

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is it? I might like to
Google international bonsai magazine. Def worth it.
I subscribe, but don't always get to it at a consistent time each year. I ordered the 2015 issues and subscribed for 2016 around the first of the year. Haven't gotten any just yet.
@Planta , check out http://www.internationalbonsai.com/page/1403493
Great publication, high quality, fair price. Bill does an enormous amount of work in the bonsai community.
Keep us posted :)
International Bonsai 2015 no. 4 has been shipped but was delayed due to health issues which temporarily slowed Bill
The issue is worth the wait and catalog and subscription renewal can be done online.
Also check out the new website for the 5th US National Bonsai Exhibition!
ok cool. Yea I forgot bill had some heart issues. I think everything turned out ok though. I can't wait to get it:)

Planta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I went to the site it's $40 is that just one magazine for the whole year?

Why do u think your copy is late? It says it mails on 3/16?

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I went to the site it's $40 is that just one magazine for the whole year?

Why do u think your copy is late? It says it mails on 3/16?
A lot of people here have met or talk to bill. Or actually know him as good friends. I've talked with him a handful of times in person but he probly wouldn't recognize me like I would him. He's kinda USA bonsai famous.

$40 is for the year. I was wondering cause some reason I have a problem with my copy's getting to me. Bill always takes care of it but my post office likes to lose my shit. I hate my post office.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Got my seedling catalog and renewal form, but did not receive the #4 2015 mag yet. Likely arrive next week. Might pick up some more Kojo No Mai cherry blossom cuttings from Bill V. again this year.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Bill has some health issues that have slowed him down a bit. I got issue four several days ago. Nice feature on forrests. Bill does a lot for the hobby and his magazine is well worth
waitong for no matter it's arrival date. I'll be re-subscribing here soon. 2016 issue one will feature flowering bonsai, nice satsuki on the cover....:)

Kodama16

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bill has some health issues that have slowed him down a bit. I got issue four several days ago. Nice feature on forrests. Bill does a lot for the hobby and his magazine is well worth
waitong for no matter it's arrival date. I'll be re-subscribing here soon. 2016 issue one will feature flowering bonsai, nice satsuki on the cover....:)

Yeahes a great guy. I'll be renewing mine as well.

Got my seedling catalog and renewal form, but did not receive the #4 2015 mag yet. Likely arrive next week. Might pick up some more Kojo No Mai cherry blossom cuttings from Bill V. again this year.
Same. Already order my Cherry's also:)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Hugh...wish I hadn't been told they didn't go off cuttings. I threw so many good sections off my cascade when I thinned it last year. That I could have passed on to ones wanting one. :(

Oh well...live and learn. Had assumed cherry didn't rootwell. When told i needed to air layer. But,was just told another cherry was from a cutting. And started looking into search. Missed this thread.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Hugh...wish I hadn't been told they didn't go off cuttings. I threw so many good sections off my cascade when I thinned it last year. That I could have passed on to ones wanting one. :(

Oh well...live and learn. Had assumed cherry didn't rootwell. When told i needed to air layer. But,was just told another cherry was from a cutting. And started looking into search. Missed this thread.

This cultivar at least responds well to cuttings, not sure about other flowering cherries. I have a few from Bill V. from last spring and I plan on rooting some cuttings of my own from them this year.

Good luck with yours.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This cultivar at least responds well to cuttings, not sure about other flowering cherries. I have a few from Bill V. from last spring and I plan on rooting some cuttings of my own from them this year.

Good luck with yours.
From a quick Google search I had found it did better air layering. Had posted about it here. Even found that thread with a link attached. But it no longer is a working link. But that link is what had me feel it couldn't be done. Oh well...the one was a really neat section with a canopy already...not that I wanted another cherry. But...I could have passed it to someone who had. Guess one needs to really go further than a few sites claiming the Kojo No Mai should be air layered. Shoot...went and googled again and still found the first few links stated that.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
From a quick Google search I had found it did better air layering. Had posted about it here. Even found that thread with a link attached. But it no longer is a working link. But that link is what had me feel it couldn't be done. Oh well...the one was a really neat section with a canopy already...not that I wanted another cherry. But...I could have passed it to someone who had. Guess one needs to really go further than a few sites claiming the Kojo No Mai should be air layered. Shoot...went and googled again and still found the first few links stated that.
Maybe shoot a PM or email to @William N. Valavanis and get his first hand take on this. I have not tried rooting any cuttings yet but plan to this season. If I do I'll put up a thread.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Maybe shoot a PM or email to @William N. Valavanis and get his first hand take on this. I have not tried rooting any cuttings yet but plan to this season. If I do I'll put up a thread.
If there was anything I planned on removing I may. But...at this time I think I thinned more than I wanted...but, I'm wiring tomorrow. So that may change. Thanks...I just may do that. He surely knows how!

Edit: I noticed you tagged him. So maybe I will wait so he doesn't reply to my PM...and the thread. Wasting his valuable time.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Got mine. Kinda sad, as I am not renewing.

Top Bottom