Intro and question

willhopper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi there,

I’m new to Bonsai and I’m glad to have found this forum. My question is, since I’m new I might be wanting to ask questions that might have already been answered on here but are too deep to find effectively in the threads, is this ok?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I suggest that you first make an effort to understand what has been discussed of late. There, at the upper right of every screen, is the search box - very helpful to find stuff about stuff you are interested in. Also educate yourself with the Resources. Then ask any questions you have - stupid, smart, or otherwise. ;)

btw, there are no competency quizzes (that is not until you start answering someone elses question).

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi there,

I’m new to Bonsai and I’m glad to have found this forum. My question is, since I’m new I might be wanting to ask questions that might have already been answered on here but are too deep to find effectively in the threads, is this ok?
Depends on how deep. We can be rather shallow.

Pachycaul

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Hi there,

Welcome willhopper, or would you prefer to be called member:23104 ? To bring you up to speed, I suggest you take 12 minutes to acquaint yourself with the rewarding pursuit of a centuries-old art that places a high value on such principles as serenity, discipline, respect, aesthetic principles of the highest order, and, above all, gentleness. In the following, please pay particular attention to the method the master takes to establish a sensitive rapport with the inner spirit of his material, and a reverential approach to the natural world. Please resist any urge you may find yourself entertaining to cut short your first lesson. That is only your monkey mind, and must be overcome if you are to attain the enlightment of the masters. In the inimitable words of Sorce, "Welcome to crazy." Here now, grasshopper, is how it's done. Watch and learn.

willhopper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome willhopper, or would you prefer to be called member:23104 ? To bring you up to speed, I suggest you take 12 minutes to acquaint yourself with the rewarding pursuit of a centuries-old art that places a high value on such principles as serenity, discipline, respect, aesthetic principles of the highest order, and, above all, gentleness. In the following, please pay particular attention to the method the master takes to establish a sensitive rapport with the inner spirit of his material, and a reverential approach to the natural world. Please resist any urge you may find yourself entertaining to cut short your first lesson. That is only your monkey mind, and must be overcome if you are to attain the enlightment of the masters. In the inimitable words of Sorce, "Welcome to crazy." Here now, grasshopper, is how it's done. Watch and learn.

I can’t believe you posted this today! I literally just watched this video on YouTube YESTERDAY!!!

Thanks for the entertaining welcome.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also educate yourself with the Resources.

Very helpful, i also google the types of trees i've got, but i add PDF to my search. I also do that with any sub topic whether its growing trunks, growing roots, trimming, pruning or branch development. Its a nice way to build a little free library for yourself.
Purchasing a book or 2 is also very helpful (if you live in an English speaking country and you can read...unlike me). Some of the big dogs here on B-Nut can refer you to some great authors.

Top Bottom