Introduction to my trees

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hi all
I have been reading all your posts for a couple of years and decided it be time to show my trees , and talk with others about what I am doing , all advice is wellcome šŸ˜Ž

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 294

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
The satsuki I bought about 5 yrs ago , it had been neglected and a vein right through had died , last year I scraped all wood out and will now transplant to wooden planter to fill her out a bit ,
Second one is jwp on jbp, I bought two years ago as a gamble , but as you can see she very healthy , the jwp graft has overtaken the jbp root so will be working on this very soon and all suggestions will be appreciated,
The last one is a jwp on its own root , got that back last year and she is coming back to life well and is starting to back bud well , will pinch next years needles to aid this
Forgot to say I live on Isle of Wight uk , and climate is mildest in uk , šŸ¤” I think lol

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The satsuki I bought about 5 yrs ago , it had been neglected and a vein right through had died , last year I scraped all wood out and will now transplant to wooden planter to fill her out a bit ,
Second one is jwp on jbp, I bought two years ago as a gamble , but as you can see she very healthy , the jwp graft has overtaken the jbp root so will be working on this very soon and all suggestions will be appreciated,
The last one is a jwp on its own root , got that back last year and she is coming back to life well and is starting to back bud well , will pinch next years needles to aid this
Forgot to say I live on Isle of Wight uk , and climate is mildest in uk , šŸ¤” I think lol
Nice trees!

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Agree these are very nice, old trees. Thanks for sharing the pics and some info so far.

I always like to hear some of the history behind older trees. Knowing how old and how they were developed can give us clues as to how to develop our trees. I note you purchased at least one and guess all 3 but if you know any of the history that would also be great to hear.

The world is a big place and conditions vary hugely from one end to the other. It helps others to understand what works well where if members add a location to their profile so we can make some guesses about the climate and conditions that have influenced the bonsai you post. Adding location to your personal profile saves us searching back through threads to find that info hidden in one post.

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
Agree these are very nice, old trees. Thanks for sharing the pics and some info so far.

I always like to hear some of the history behind older trees. Knowing how old and how they were developed can give us clues as to how to develop our trees. I note you purchased at least one and guess all 3 but if you know any of the history that would also be great to hear.

The world is a big place and conditions vary hugely from one end to the other. It helps others to understand what works well where if members add a location to their profile so we can make some guesses about the climate and conditions that have influenced the bonsai you post. Adding location to your personal profile saves us searching back through threads to find that info hidden in one post.
Will update your right , I can answer many but not all questions on there start in life , much I donā€™t know or donā€™t remember , trees tell you if there happy or not , much is trial and error , making decisions on what you learn is trying at times , you will make mistakes , all a part of learning , you never stop learning , pics and updates tomorrow, the ones I have knowledge of I will post in separate threads if easier and is allowed , ty

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will do , I will take some better picks tomorrow, not the best with technology lol

Awesome! They do seem worth the effort!

I love technology so much I anxiously await the Solar Flare that destroys the Power Grid!

Sorce

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
Awesome! They do seem worth the effort!

I love technology so much I anxiously await the Solar Flare that destroys the Power Grid!

Sorce
Iā€™ll be off grid within a year , the planet has everything we need , they are very much worth it , first to blossom was hmmmm hang on think I need to take one step at time , will post better pics an explain where I live an such , ty

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
Ok this first one is the azalea I bought five or six years ago , dead vein through centre , scraped out last year (nothing fancy) , getting potted into wooden pot to grow on for couple of yrs then she can show herself off for someone else , also the nebari is 18ā€

Attachments

• B3E58976-1E0D-4785-AD15-56F2BAB71D6B.jpeg
    B3E58976-1E0D-4785-AD15-56F2BAB71D6B.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 60C89570-D699-4D93-99F7-C1E679EA2F27.jpeg
    60C89570-D699-4D93-99F7-C1E679EA2F27.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 164

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
Ok this is the jwp on jbp , the jwp has overtaken the jbp graft , this one I will be working on this year , to give an idea of size , where the jwp overlaps the jbp it is 6ā€ across

Attachments

• 1ADD9DA6-348E-41DD-8C59-5CCE7875B0D3.jpeg
    1ADD9DA6-348E-41DD-8C59-5CCE7875B0D3.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 86AE9C14-DA03-44C6-BF51-83E37ED24C22.jpeg
    86AE9C14-DA03-44C6-BF51-83E37ED24C22.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 129

a1dusty

Yamadori
Reaction score
Ok this is the jwp on its own root , bit lanky , but got her back beginning of last year an she coming back in leaps and bounds , moral of this story , check up on trees you pass on , the trunk at base is 3.5ā€ across

Attachments

• 14AE298B-DDB0-499D-9530-F4474A8B4AA6.jpeg
    14AE298B-DDB0-499D-9530-F4474A8B4AA6.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 113
  • F6E6C4A5-2582-4D58-B635-E0398979A55E.jpeg
    F6E6C4A5-2582-4D58-B635-E0398979A55E.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 196
Top Bottom