Iowa Bonsai

robert1955

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Any B'nuts from Iowa? The ever so lovely wife and I are going back to Iowa to see some relatives the end of Sept. I was wondering if there are any bonsai places in the Carroll, Jefferson area's?

Iowans are actually nice to Californians:D

Peace
Bob

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I live about thirty minutes south of Council Bluffs/Omaha. The only place I know of in Iowa is DaSu studios http://www.bonsaitrees.com/index.html located near Kelley, Ia which is pretty close to Ames. I haven't heard anything either good or bad about DaSu so if you stop by let me know! The eggshell pots look interesting but that's an area I haven't even begun to get into yet.

If you're near Des Moines there is an exhibit at the Des Moines Botanical Center which I plan on seeing as soon as I can.

As far as Iowans go, when I left for the Army there was absolutely no way in hell I was ever going to come back to this place. After six years of being an airborne infantryman and spending time all over the country and on three other continents there was no other place I wanted to go. I don't like the extremes in weather here, I don't like being hours away from a major city(Omaha won't count as a major city until it gets a bonsai club!), but I do like the people.

robert1955

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I live about thirty minutes south of Council Bluffs/Omaha. The only place I know of in Iowa is DaSu studios http://www.bonsaitrees.com/index.html located near Kelley, Ia which is pretty close to Ames. I haven't heard anything either good or bad about DaSu so if you stop by let me know! The eggshell pots look interesting but that's an area I haven't even begun to get into yet.

If you're near Des Moines there is an exhibit at the Des Moines Botanical Center which I plan on seeing as soon as I can.

As far as Iowans go, when I left for the Army there was absolutely no way in hell I was ever going to come back to this place. After six years of being an airborne infantryman and spending time all over the country and on three other continents there was no other place I wanted to go. I don't like the extremes in weather here, I don't like being hours away from a major city(Omaha won't count as a major city until it gets a bonsai club!), but I do like the people.

Thank you very much. I know where Ames is. If it is the right time of the day I will look the place up. I have lived many years out here in Ca. my kids grew up here and when I go back to the Midwest my soul says this is home.

Bob

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I discovered the collection at the Botanical garden a few years ago. Check out my gallery here.

Despparv.jpg

Top Bottom