Is it too late to save?

bern41

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Turning a little brown but the leaves aren't dry or brittle. Should I bring it inside? I live in Georgia and it's still hot out.

How do you tell if your bonsai is dunzo? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to the game.

Attachments

• IMG_5568.jpg
    IMG_5568.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 73

bern41

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I usually pour maybe half a cup's worth every other day. But it's been dry here and I've left town for a few days at a time of late so I haven't been watering it as much as I need to.

Blimpsandmtn

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Rip this one.
Junipers generally tolerate high heat
Unfortunately you leaving town may put the nail in the coffin for it
We all killed our first trees, just another lesson for the next time, give it another shot!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It's dead. Been dead a long time. Why wouldn't you hose it down every day and twice on any day in the 90's?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sometimes it happens. Sounds like you know why it died though and thats a major step. If you know at this point in your life you will be out of town often you may want to make a jade tree or portulacaria afra your next bonsai project, or invest in a small auto watering system.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
In times of leaving for a few days, i set the tree in a partly shaded spot, put a saucer underneath and leave that full. Also, think about a different soil mix with some additional organic matter to retain some water for a longer period. I started mixing a small amount of peat with my previous 100% 8822 DE to help retain some moisture and it seems to work great.

Learn and try again!! At least you knew to keep it outside... thats a step above most of the other newcomers that ask if their tree is dead or not.

Top Bottom