Is it worth the effort to save an old lady? I love her.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Yes, knock the curb off and jam your spade underneath the roots. Dib dab of cement, boom. Definitely worth it. Nothing to lose at the least.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
It could turn out to be a nice project, even if it is going to be complicated, I think if I managed to get this stump out, I will try to cut the whole thing low enough afterwards to remove all the stiff parts.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
UPDATE:

Good news; old lady is going to be saved!
Bad news; she is not going to be mine!

Neighbour just called saying his wife will kill him if anything drastic happens to her Bougainvillea, so he decided to move it to his main garden and take good care of the three.
I am happy because it will not be killed, relieved because I don't have to lift it up, sad because it will not be a bonsai.

NOTE: I want to thank each and every one that helped, you guys rock!
And in the end I think maybe @rockm was right: better be a full glorious bougie than a so-so struggling bonsai.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Whaaat! After you basically promised me a nice large bougie? This is so unfair.
🤣

As you must be aware, that is not the only big bougie in Brazil. It's one among many.
So I keep my promise if you pay for the shipping...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
UPDATE:

Good news; old lady is going to be saved!
Bad news; she is not going to be mine!

Neighbour just called saying his wife will kill him if anything drastic happens to her Bougainvillea, so he decided to move it to his main garden and take good care of the three.
I am happy because it will not be killed, relieved because I don't have to lift it up, sad because it will not be a bonsai.

NOTE: I want to thank each and every one that helped, you guys rock!
And in the end I think maybe @rockm was right: better be a full glorious bougie than a so-so struggling bonsai.
Aww I’m sad that it won’t be going to you especially after all the thought process you have put into rescuing her. Ah well at least she will live! 😃

Top Bottom