Is Kathy shaner a bnut? I'd like to speak to her

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was searching "loblolly pine" on Instagram and saw a picture of Kathy shaner with an old loblolly pine bonsai. I'm having a rough time gathering info. If anyone knows how to reach her, if she makes herself available, I'd like to message her. Thanks

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Saw her last week... don't think she does the on line thing.
She’s available if she’s your client! Just like Boon is available to me because I’m his client. Or your CPA or Attorney is.

Sharing her knowledge with someone who is not a client? When bonsai is her source of income?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I was searching "loblolly pine" on Instagram and saw a picture of Kathy shaner with an old loblolly pine bonsai. I'm having a rough time gathering info. If anyone knows how to reach her, if she makes herself available, I'd like to message her. Thanks

group-26.png
4/11/2018

Kathy Shaner
Curator at Bonsai Garden at Lake Merritt
650 Bellevue Ave, Oakland, California, United States
Company:
Bonsai Garden at Lake Merritt
HQ Phone:
(510) 763-8409

Grimmy

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oops, just saw the rest of these replys. New phone. Maybe I'll leave her alone haha that's fair enough. Never know who's ready and willing to talk bonsai and who's busy selling it. I completely appreciate both sides though

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maybe I'll leave her alone haha that's fair enough. Never know who's ready and willing to talk bonsai and who's busy selling it.

She has been to, Judged, and done workshops in Philly quite a few times...

Grimmy

Reactions: GGB

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
This is a good place for you to talk about bonsai Gary
Fwiw, @johng, John Geanangel here at Bnut has worked with Loblolly... maybe @Zach Smith, too. It might be worthwhile reaching out to them.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Stickroot I'd love to "do it" but paying $350 to ask a handful of questions about my saplings would be like sending a toddler to harvard to learn how to tie his shoes. Effective! but probably over kill. I'll knock on Kathy's door down the road.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oops, just saw the rest of these replys. New phone. Maybe I'll leave her alone haha that's fair enough. Never know who's ready and willing to talk bonsai and who's busy selling it. I completely appreciate both sides though
That’s why this place is a gold mine of info. There are those of us that have paid for the info and much more and are willing to share it here freely. All we ask is a little respect in return.

Of course one is always free to learn it on your own for free just like many of us old timers did. Then you would be able to come back later after 10,000 posts and be
“ Loblolly lover”

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Smoke I hope to do a combination trial and error with some real experiences thrown in. I guess the internet has already put me a little ahead of schedule, can't imagine if all I had was my sparse public library.
@Adair M I wouldn't ever suggest that 300,400,500 was too much for someones experience. And would/will happily pay it someday when the time is right.

Top Bottom