Is my black pine dying?

JesusFreak

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I got 5 of these at the time and this is the only one that’s looking like this. I’ve had two pull some of the needles off and sprayed it with fungicide, pesticide, and miticide. AD56616E-1851-40E0-88AA-F413B009E4B6.jpeg28481C41-A249-42F2-9A37-BB09C0828FE0.jpeg

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
The youngest needles dying from the base outwards is an off putting sign.
I'm not a JBP expert, nor a fan. But when I saw this happen in JBP, JRP and Scots pines, it usually meant they would slowly succumb in the following month.
I know that's not very helpful, maybe someone who managed to save plants in this state could chime in. I wasn't able to do so myself.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My solution to this issue with the seedling cutting.

Once you know the very few things that cause this,the solution is not far off.
I have found this cutting to be fertilized once a week with fish and seaweed.

-Has to be lack of metal mineral ion uptake in all the waterings in between.
Solution is add mineral with humic acid water(powder).&and ph water/solution 5.8-6.4

-is being watered with city tap and has chlorine ,or even worse chloromine!!!
Only solution I know of....Ro filter(cheap $100).
** also get rid of ,in many cases, trash calcium and magnesium that is too large of ion to only clog roots consideralbly( then DEFINATELY rebuild your ro/pure water from ground up with more plant freindly calcium/magnesium with calmag).

-being fed organically(good thing).
A-Solution is to research and supply fungus and microbes so phospherous is available.
B-Solution is to use salts to perk up and regain vigor(organic approach is not one I have mastered yet....but aim to in future....definately involves fungi and microbes to make phospherous available).
Salts is instantly available......HIGH BRIX PLANTS CAN BE PRODUCED IN EITHER INSTANCE!!!!

-root fungus spores are absolutely everywhere......
Solution is to not overwater and make an inadvertantly make anarobic environment where they thrive.

-tree is growing in rocks😆Awesome really!!
Solution is have minerals in every watering and frequent feeds ...if not feed everywatering....total hydro media.There are organic approaches that are extremely benficial also.They are covered in the course below.

Also if your trees are dying and bad looking.....there are issues probably not with type of fertilizer...but quality of water,ph ,ec/dissolved solids etc.

If bonsai was that easy everyone would be doing it...right?

I suggest having less trees,but quality trees after taking a seemingly expensive course.....that will actually keep your trees alive....less is much much more in this regard.(AGAIN. If your trees are dying,something needs rectified).stop guessing...in my honest opinion✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌
There are $50 coupons online for this course.

8F39897F-2D4D-44C7-83CF-AF6CA5BD585B.jpeg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My solution to this issue with the seedling cutting.

Once you know the very few things that cause this,the solution is not far off.
I have found this cutting to be fertilized once a week with fish and seaweed.

-Has to be lack of metal mineral ion uptake in all the waterings in between.
Solution is add mineral with humic acid water(powder).&and ph water/solution 5.8-6.4

-is being watered with city tap and has chlorine ,or even worse chloromine!!!
Only solution I know of....Ro filter(cheap $100).
** also get rid of ,in many cases, trash calcium and magnesium that is too large of ion to only clog roots consideralbly( then DEFINATELY rebuild your ro/pure water from ground up with more plant freindly calcium/magnesium with calmag).

-being fed organically(good thing).
A-Solution is to research and supply fungus and microbes so phospherous is available.
B-Solution is to use salts to perk up and regain vigor(organic approach is not one I have mastered yet....but aim to in future....definately involves fungi and microbes to make phospherous available).
Salts is instantly available......HIGH BRIX PLANTS CAN BE PRODUCED IN EITHER INSTANCE!!!!

-root fungus spores are absolutely everywhere......
Solution is to not overwater and make an inadvertantly make anarobic environment where they thrive.

-tree is growing in rocks😆Awesome really!!
Solution is have minerals in every watering and frequent feeds ...if not feed everywatering....total hydro media.There are organic approaches that are extremely benficial also.They are covered in the course below.

Also if your trees are dying and bad looking.....there are issues probably not with type of fertilizer...but quality of water,ph ,ec/dissolved solids etc.

If bonsai was that easy everyone would be doing it...right?

I suggest having less trees,but quality trees after taking a seemingly expensive course.....that will actually keep your trees alive....less is much much more in this regard.(AGAIN. If your trees are dying,something needs rectified).stop guessing...in my honest opinion✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌
There are $50 coupons online for this course.

View attachment 322485
Makes one wonder how plants could live in the real world...

Top Bottom