Is nothing safe?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Trump's timely responses. Barry's failure to replenish the national emergency supplies inventory of the special masks is a special miss-step. What would you call that? Is that stupidity, ignorance, incompetence, or malfeasance
Let's see.
Trump has been president of some states for over 3 years now.
He's large and in charge.
He is better than anyone else. Ask him.
If trump is so great and much better than any other president why didn't he address the lack right away?
Trying to blame the past president for trumps failures is what he does. Nothing is ever his fault.
While he was saying the virus was a hoax he should have actually been looking into how well his administration could handle a pandemic.
It now shows. Glaringly. He doesn't know jack.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Trump directed John Bolton to scrape money out of his department's budget to come up with money Trump could use for his "Wonderful, Beautiful, Big Wall". Bolton is the one to dismantle the Pandemic Response Task Force that had been put in place after the 2001 Anthrax scare. Trump needs to own the fact that his administration was left flat footed because of Trumps own misguided priorities.

Rabe

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Regardless of all the political nonsense in this thread: I sincerely hope as a human, i hope you will all be safe, no matter your opinions and worldviews. I hope no one has to lose someone to this crisis wich is upon this whole world. We have to support eachother, money doesnt mean a thing. Lives matter. Selfdiscipline matter. Be safe, dont take it lightly. Educate others. Futhermore, be a support to others in your direct environment. Watch out for eachother. Hope everyone will be safe and please let go of policital opinions and remember we are all the same.

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Regardless of all the political nonsense in this thread: I sincerely hope as a human, i hope you will all be safe, no matter your opinions and worldviews. I hope no one has to lose someone to this crisis wich is upon this whole world. We have to support eachother, money doesnt mean a thing. Lives matter. Selfdiscipline matter. Be safe, dont take it lightly. Educate others. Futhermore, be a support to others in your direct environment. Watch out for eachother. Hope everyone will be safe and please let go of policital opinions and remember we are all the same.
Very aptly put. Thanks for injecting some sanity into this thread.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Trump directed John Bolton to scrape money out of his department's budget to come up with money Trump could use for his "Wonderful, Beautiful, Big Wall". Bolton is the one to dismantle the Pandemic Response Task Force that had been put in place after the 2001 Anthrax scare. Trump needs to own the fact that his administration was left flat footed because of Trumps own misguided priorities.
That may be the most specious link in the world. Trump is responsible for what was not maintained for the 15 years before he was elected? What did Bolton do, sell the inventory on Ebay. You're either a liar or a fool. Offer some evidence, or stuff it. Something is not so just because you mouth the words anymore than it is not true just because I say it isn't. You offer your proofs, or your words are worth nothing.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Image result for summers eve douce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I just got off of the phone with my sister. Her boss's husband has tested positive for the virus. She hasn't had any close contact with her boss, but they do work in the same department and she touches everyone's paperwork. Our parents are both gone, and our brother is a bit of an asshole, so it's just us. She's scared, and I'm scared for her. This sucks.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If she is older and doesn't have a heart condition that would preclude the malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine alone, or combined with the antibiotic azithromycin, and she tests positive, she should ask her physician for it before she gets too far gone. It is not approved for Covid19, but it can be prescribed off-label, if and only if, her doctor says so. The stick-in-the-mud types are too timid to use it before real bad symptoms appear, but the uncontrolled studies in France indicate good outcomes. If her physician says blah, blah one way or the other, she should know going in whether or not he's for her, or not. Personally, I'm a bad candidate for not taking it, so I'll take my chances with the treatment early enough in the process to make a difference. I hope I don't have to, but I have considered the options and I am ready to deal with the problem proactively. I like to be in on the decision. Everyone should consider their own options and be ready for the worst. IMHO, of course. My best for your sister.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The local 13 alive
Cruise ship 40 - 2 gone - 78 and 80

of course no explanations to what the elderly .had.

This is economics - elderly need state funds to live.
Good Day
Anthony

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
That may be the most specious link in the world. Trump is responsible for what was not maintained for the 15 years before he was elected? What did Bolton do, sell the inventory on Ebay. You're either a liar or a fool. Offer some evidence, or stuff it. Something is not so just because you mouth the words anymore than it is not true just because I say it isn't. You offer your proofs, or your words are worth nothing.

When it comes to politics, you are one insufferable blow hard. While we both have bonsai in common, and can agree when we see a tree well done, we certainly do not agree when it comes to politics. You seem to live in some weird alternate world where there are no facts, no history, and no room for views other than your own.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
If she is older and doesn't have a heart condition that would preclude the malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine alone, or combined with the antibiotic azithromycin, and she tests positive, she should ask her physician for it before she gets too far gone. It is not approved for Covid19, but it can be prescribed off-label, if and only if, her doctor says so. The stick-in-the-mud types are too timid to use it before real bad symptoms appear, but the uncontrolled studies in France indicate good outcomes. If her physician says blah, blah one way or the other, she should know going in whether or not he's for her, or not. Personally, I'm a bad candidate for not taking it, so I'll take my chances with the treatment early enough in the process to make a difference. I hope I don't have to, but I have considered the options and I am ready to deal with the problem proactively. I like to be in on the decision. Everyone should consider their own options and be ready for the worst. IMHO, of course. My best for your sister.
She is only 53, and in good health and has had no direct contact with her boss. Her boss has not shown any symptoms and is self-quarantining. Her work already takes everyone's temperature, before the are allowed in her workplace. So, finger crossed. Thanks

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Let's see.
Trump has been president of some states for over 3 years now.
He's large and in charge.
He is better than anyone else. Ask him.
If trump is so great and much better than any other president why didn't he address the lack right away?
Trying to blame the past president for trumps failures is what he does. Nothing is ever his fault.
While he was saying the virus was a hoax he should have actually been looking into how well his administration could handle a pandemic.
It now shows. Glaringly. He doesn't know jack.

Everything Trump has done has been done kicking and screaming.

The one U.S. person I can point at as being at the forefront is NY Gov Andrew Cuomo. As one of the states with the largest cities it makes sense NY would be one of the states first hit the hardest. In listening to his daily breifings since the beginning, his views and policies were always first mentioned, then later folowed up by Trump by at least a day or two. Cuomo was all over Trump to get off his ass and do something and to keep ramping up on a daily basis as time went on.

Dr. Falci is the other one that I can say was right up front and ahead of the game with this.

Between pressure brought by Cuomo and Falci, Trump had to finally acknowledge that this was a bigger problem than he wanted to believe and get off his ass and do something other than wish it away and hope that "the warmer weather will kill it".

Then Trump has the audacity to imply "these governors better treat me well or I wont help them"

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is unadulterated irresponsible horseshit. Chloroquine and its derivatives seeming to have a beneficial effect is coincidence, not efficacy. Covid-19 is a virus; chloroquine is an anti-parasitic. And any fucking moron with half a brain should know that antibiotics are not only completely ineffective against viruses, they are counterproductive—they cause disruptions in the gut bacteria biome that impede the body’s immune response to the virus. The only benefit to taking an antibiotic when you have Coronavirus would be if you happened to have the clap at the same time.

Top Bottom