Is nothing safe?

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So we're in what could be considered the most critical crisis in a generation, and the fucking mob wannabe in office wants to hold back support because we don't kiss his ring? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...slee-gretchen-whitmer-governors-a9431381.html
Fuck that fucking motherfucker. He is truly a worthless piece of shit to put fellow Americans lives at risk because of his ego. I've seen plenty of Republican presidents who cared about every citizen of this great nation, not just the ones that agree with his politics and kiss his ass.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Chloroquine and its derivatives (etc)

The use of chloroquine and its results are very controversial.

A study in China showed that it had no, or little effect. The study conducted in France was made on 24 patients, then on 80 patients, but with no group given placebo. Not to mention the possible side-effects: the director of a hospital tried chloroquine when he was diagnosed with Covid-19. After 3 days, he stopped because of permanent nausea that lasted 3 days after he gave up. It can also cause heart failure in some people.

So perhaps it can help, but it's obvious it doesn't cure the patients, and like any medicine, it needs to be fully tested and evaluated. And unfortunately, it takes a lot of time.

And encouraging people to use it without taking advice from a real doctor, like some cretin did at a press conference, is simply criminal.

PS: the French professor who advocates chloroquine is also a climate change denier, and well-known for his love of being in the media. This doesn't mean he's always wrong, but beware of gurus...

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
PS: I heard that Anthony Fauci has been replaced by a "people" with no scientific background (a singer's boyfriend, or smthg) : is that true or is it "fake news"?...

He "dissappeared" for a few days and the rumour was that he was being put in the back ground and "silenced" because his views didnt match with trump's rosy, this will all just blow over
agenda. A day or so after that came out, we saw him again at a press conference. Trump is very much aware of how his actions look and I believe everything is is doing is only a response to how it will look if he doesnt. He doesnt give a damn about anyone. Half the country could die as long as the stock market reopens as fast as possible

Last edited:

faker

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
This is unadulterated irresponsible horseshit. Chloroquine and its derivatives seeming to have a beneficial effect is coincidence, not efficacy. Covid-19 is a virus; chloroquine is an anti-parasitic. And any fucking moron with half a brain should know that antibiotics are not only completely ineffective against viruses, they are counterproductive—they cause disruptions in the gut bacteria biome that impede the body’s immune response to the virus. The only benefit to taking an antibiotic when you have Coronavirus would be if you happened to have the clap at the same time.
While I agree the evidence supporting chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine and azithro is questionable, let's not rush to conclusions about their efficacy because we know a little about their mechanisms. While primarily used as an antiprotozoal, the -quines also have an immunomodulatory effect which may decrease the severity of respiratory failure and cytokine storm that hits around day 10. When used in conjunction w/ zinc they increase zinc transport into cells which decreases viral replication.

Azithromycin, while primarily an antibiotic, also has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects. Again, this may decrease the severity of ARDs in patients AND decrease the risk of secondary bacterial respiratory infections in patients.

That said, both of these drugs can induce cardiac arrhythmias, especially when taken in conjunction. This risk is no joke when considering some of the cardiac conditions covid patients have been reported to develop. I'm not saying they will work, but if you get sick, don't fight your doctor if they want to treat you with these medications. They're working very hard right now, and many of them have accepted months of no contact with their families due to the risk of exposing them after long shifts with minimal PPE.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thanks "faker", this is the kind of post that can make us more intelligent (Latin "intellegere" : to understand).

Your "intelligence service" is most welcomed. 😄

Maloghurst

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Regardless of all the political nonsense in this thread: I sincerely hope as a human, i hope you will all be safe, no matter your opinions and worldviews. I hope no one has to lose someone to this crisis wich is upon this whole world. We have to support eachother, money doesnt mean a thing. Lives matter. Selfdiscipline matter. Be safe, dont take it lightly. Educate others. Futhermore, be a support to others in your direct environment. Watch out for eachother. Hope everyone will be safe and please let go of policital opinions and remember we are all the same.
I appreciate these words. These are words to live by. But political opinions do matter. We as Americans need to learn from this pandemic. If we continue to put profits above the health and well being of the people then we will see this sort of thing over and over again. If our country all thought the way you do then we wouldn’t be as bad off in this situation as we are. Americans need to wake up and take their head out of the sand and realize we need huge economic changes to create a country that truly puts its people first and not corporations and billionaires.
The recession we are facing was created by politics not by a virus. The reason we are not prepared was created by politics not by a virus. The reason so many Americans feel that it’s every person for himself was created by politics.
This discussion needs to happen even if some people will never come around.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
We as Americans need to learn from this pandemic.

Yes, not only "Americans", but we, citizens of the world that are not, can't be disconnected by whatever "wall", will have to take lessons from this crisis.

But I'm a pessimist and I'm afraid after the crisis, it will be "business as usual", for money, and those in power who are only interested in money will still be at the commands.

Last edited:

Maloghurst

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The same Profit First system that has us ill prepared for this pandemic is the same one that denies global warming and is doing everything in their power to sweep it under the carpet.
If anyone think this is bad, wait till they, their children or grandchildren are dealing with the effects of a country unprepared for climate change.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
When it comes to politics, you are one insufferable blow hard. While we both have bonsai in common, and can agree when we see a tree well done, we certainly do not agree when it comes to politics. You seem to live in some weird alternate world where there are no facts, no history, and no room for views other than your own.
I live in the same world that voted for Trump. You live in a world that voted for Hillary. Tell me again how screwed up I am...

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is unadulterated irresponsible horseshit. Chloroquine and its derivatives seeming to have a beneficial effect is coincidence, not efficacy. Covid-19 is a virus; chloroquine is an anti-parasitic. And any fucking moron with half a brain should know that antibiotics are not only completely ineffective against viruses, they are counterproductive—they cause disruptions in the gut bacteria biome that impede the body’s immune response to the virus. The only benefit to taking an antibiotic when you have Coronavirus would be if you happened to have the clap at the same time.
Gee, that's a half truth. No, we can't kill a virus without killing the host, but regardless of that, the drug limits damage done by the virus in malaria and limits the effects of the immune system attacking the body in Lupus, a disorder of the immune system. It also is therapeutic for the treatment of intractable rheumatoid arthritis. I'll settle for coincidence. You can take your chances.

And Cuomo is a moron. He's warehousing respirators in NJ and crying the blues because they're not delivering more. He got caught not knowing what he had in inventory. That tells me he's pretty thin in management to execute his will. We shall watch for more dumb errors.

Last edited:

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The same Profit First system that has us ill prepared for this pandemic is the same one that denies global warming and is doing everything in their power to sweep it under the carpet.
If anyone think this is bad, wait till they, their children or grandchildren are dealing with the effects of a country unprepared for climate change.
One of the only positive things that I've seen come out of this is the pictures of how air quality has improved in just a matter of days. It shows that if we as a people actually try, we could make a difference.

Sno

Mame
Reaction score
I think this guy is taking the piss . These are his own words . Absolutely extraordinary , narcism taken to a new level or he is completely insane . Or is this fake ?, who the hell knows anymore ?

I
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244320570315018240

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...

4:48 AM - Mar 30, 2020

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On our side - no call a State or Emergency
But leave the Tax offices open for collections - election year
Eh @Forsoothe!

And invite the Venezuelan 2nd in command, through a lock down.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
the Venezuelan 2nd in command,

I saw a video about Maduro saying how his recipe against the virus was efficient, like ginger and a other herbs : so ridiculous.

He's in the same bag as... other cretins I won't name.

I had some Venezulean friends (actually they married French guys), and at the beginning of the "Bolivarian revolution", it was so full of hope : better health care, fairer distribution of wealth, etc.

It seems that it's gone sour now. Dreams that turned into nightmare once again...

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Er...

Every government had to take measures to protect their citizens, after all that's what they were elected for.

Some made mistakes because they didn't know, others were just playing their polical far-wing agenda.

Like Bojo in the UK shaking hands and laughing at the virus (or was it Darnold trumpschen ?) : now, he's got it. I don't wish death on anyone, but maybe he shoud have thought better. Not for him, as I said, I don't wish death on anyone, but for all rhose he contaminated.

Jair Bolsonaro ?

The kind of fascist supported by the evangelists ?

That kind of far-right racist backed by evangelistcretinsworldwide inc. ?

What blows my mind is that such an idiot, actually not an idiot, a fascist, was elected in the first place.

Learning, education, Knowledge : I've always believed in that. Stupidity is much more "instant". But I still believe people can enhance themselves.

I'm a son of the "Siècle des Lumières", the grandchild of Polish people who were so cretinized by religion that they even supported the nazis, until my grandfather said "even to Jews, this is not something you can do", or something. as my mother recalled when the nazis and their accomplices, the French fascists, took their neighbours to the train to Treblinka.

This is the kind of re---

This is the kind of something Bolsonaro, who is a fascist, Trump, who is someone who really doesn't care about his own buisiness, or their own interest, or the bigot Polish goverment (I am not a Pole any more!) or the racist Hungarian government that I'm sure Darnold Tumpetter loves so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom