Is nothing safe?

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Sorry, i'm a bit drunk.

But for those of you who think "I hate the US", I just hate fascists, and unfortunately, like deadly diseases they have no borders

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Vaccines are being sought internationally in countries all over the world. There will be plenty of scientists from all over the EU and Asia working on it, as there are UK teams. Do some digging and you’ll realise the world is not relying on USA to “save us” all “again”, as your media would have you believe.
I might be late to the game, but this comment really stuck in my craw. You obviously know absolutely nothing about our media. There is zero self pride in the U.S. media today. Here is a breif synopsis of our media . . . "Trump is a piece of shit and everything he does is wrong *10^99999999999999999999" or "Everything Trump says or does is 100% true/correct *10^(-1)"

There is very little true journalism in this country. 99.9% of our media is completely partisan, with the vast majority of media being biased toward the left (against Trump and seemingly againt the country itself).

Rant over.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I might be late to the game, but this comment really stuck in my craw. You obviously know absolutely nothing about our media. There is zero self pride in the U.S. media today. Here is a breif synopsis of our media . . . "Trump is a piece of shit and everything he does is wrong *10^99999999999999999999" or "Everything Trump says or does is 100% true/correct *10^(-1)"

There is very little true journalism in this country. 99.9% of our media is completely partisan, with the vast majority of media being biased toward the left (against Trump and seemingly againt the country itself).

Rant over.

Vast majority of media? Have you seen Fox news?? 😂😂😂😂😂 unless you are implying the viewership over at Faux news Is super small. If so then sick burn I guess.

I always think its funny when I see a clip of some talking hair-do at fox railing against “the media”. Maybe they are just considering themselves entertainment, cause it sure aint real news.

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Vast majority of media? Have you seen Fox news?? 😂😂😂😂😂 unless you are implying the viewership over at Faux news Is super small. If so then sick burn I guess.

I always think its funny when I see a clip of some talking hair-do at fox railing against “the media”. Maybe they are just considering themselves entertainment, cause it sure aint real news.
Congratulations. You found the exact one media outlet that I referred to that toes the Trump line. Now name one other major outlet that doesn't kowtow to the left.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score

Rant over.
True, I have no real knowledge of what happens on American soil so I apologise. Maybe its that our media would have us believe that your media has you believe that most Americans think that you guys are saviours of whatever world problems there are. That is the general perception over here I’d say. I should probably have said, “as the idiot in charge would have you believe”, but that perception is a far longer borne one coming from years of “hoorah, hoorah” and “USA, USA“. I mean no disrespect because for many it is probably not the case, but that is a common perception this side of the Atlantic I think.

Ask the average Brit what the average American is like and we have an idea of a dumb, fat guy who couldn’t tell their ass from their elbow and believing that nothing noteworthy happens on the rest of the planet. This is obviously unfair because I’m sure the vast majority of Americans are the complete opposite, and in fact, that criticism could be labelled at a fair few of us as well. The problem is, it‘s normally the pig headed dumbasses that are the loudest and that is how our perceptions are created.

TBH I probably used the media as a scapegoat so as to avoid a confrontation and now look what I’ve done. It’s difficult this speaking your mind lark.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Congratulations. You found the exact one media outlet that I referred to that toes the Trump line. Now name one other major outlet that doesn't kowtow to the left.

Do you consider breitbart media?
What about One american news network?
The drudge report?
Sinclair Broadcast group?
The daily wire?

I guess we need to define “major” as well as “media”. But I am just here in this thread for the lols, and Not trying to change minds. That and I dont subscribe to the whole left wing media global elite conspiracy BS anyways.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
99.9% of our media is completely partisan, with the vast majority of media being biased toward the left (against Trump and seemingly againt the country itself).

Wow!

😄 😄 😄

And the 0.01% you trust is.... TADADAAAA!

FUX News ? :p

Holy shit :rolleyes:

Befriend Clem, a Frenchman of your kind, so you see: all the same but different

Last edited:

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
True, I have no real knowledge of what happens on American soil so I apologise. Maybe its that our media would have us believe that your media has you believe that most Americans think that you guys are saviours of whatever world problems there are. That is the general perception over here I’d say. I should probably have said, “as the idiot in charge would have you believe”, but that perception is a far longer borne one coming from years of “hoorah, hoorah” and “USA, USA“. I mean no disrespect because for many it is probably not the case, but that is a common perception this side of the Atlantic I think.

Ask the average Brit what the average American is like and we have an idea of a dumb, fat guy who couldn’t tell their ass from their elbow and believing that nothing noteworthy happens on the rest of the planet. This is obviously unfair because I’m sure the vast majority of Americans are the complete opposite, and in fact, that criticism could be labelled at a fair few of us as well. The problem is, it‘s normally the pig headed dumbasses that are the loudest and that is how our perceptions are created.

TBH I probably used the media as a scapegoat so as to avoid a confrontation and now look what I’ve done. It’s difficult this speaking your mind lark.
Don't apologize. The highlighted section of your post above is what American's from New York, DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, et al. feel about the rest of our country. Despite being educated in one of the top universities in the country and living in the largest metropolitan area in the southeastern U.S., that's how the media would portray me, too @AlainK . Less than 10% of our country controls over 90% of our wealth and 99% of our media, and they think everyone outside of their bubble is an ignorant, tobacco-spitting, gun-toting, bible-thumping, redneck. Why would anyone outside of this country think differently? . . . And that's why Trump got elected (don't tell the media or the politically connected, they still don't get it). A great majority of this country is not represented in government, nor portrayed acurately by the media.

I don't think every British pensioner is some lout out of an episode of Last of the Summer Wine. From one bonsai nut to another, you can call me a tobacco-spitting, gun-toting, down-to earth, redneck. No hard feelings. I'm just trying to dispel the misperceptions you get from the media today.

Last edited:

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Do you consider breitbart media? minor
What about One american news network? very minor
The drudge report? who? don't they just link other outlets articles
Sinclair Broadcast group? minor control of CBS local stations
The daily wire? political commentary (very good BTW)

I guess we need to define “major” as well as “media”. But I am just here in this thread for the lols, and Not trying to change minds. That and I dont subscribe to the whole left wing media global elite conspiracy BS anyways.
No, I mean ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times. Most of these don't even pretend to be non-biased journalistic outlet anymore. I'm not trying to change minds about politics. I could care less whether someone is liberal or conservative. What bothers me is the ignorant light said media portrays many Americans in.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Less than 10% of our country controls over 90% of our wealth and 99% of our media,

To some extent, that must be true : isn't FOX news the most viewed TV channel in the US ?

I don't know, I can't be sure, I don't live in one of the United States. But apparently, they have a very large audience, and they feed people a lot of sh..., sorry, biased information. We have daily excerpts from this "news channel" on humour programmes, no need to explain anything, people burst out laughing at their "analysis" or "comments" 😄

But it's sad : most of the "American" people I know are not that stupid.

And I hope that at least some of these "tobacco-spitting, gun-toting, bible-thumping, rednecks" aren't fooled either.

Redneck : OK, I first got my pocket money at 14, working in the fields, and I have a fair complexion so I know what a redneck is - ouch

Tobacco-spitting : OK, as long as you can reach the spitoon.

Gun-toting : why ? in 65 years, I never ever had the necessity of carrying a gun, not even a knife or a stick. You must live in a very strange country

Bible-thumping : the bible is one of the books I read. Very interesting to see how people barely out from the stone age invented god and set laws not to kill and eat each other. Surprising how some still believe in such child stories. Some even think that an archangel brought a prophet gold tables, etc. And they are hundreds of thousands :rolleyes:

Sometimes, it's hard to believe in mankind's progress : had I rather tell my children to be cynical crooks ?

Last edited:

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
No, I mean ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times. Most of these don't even pretend to be non-biased journalistic outlet anymore. I'm not trying to change minds about politics. I could care less whether someone is liberal or conservative. What bothers me is the ignorant light said media portrays many Americans in.

I would be more concerned about state run propaganda TV Like Fox news, spoon feeding impressionable people clear misinformation-but thats just me.

It doesnt make sense to loop all these news outlets in as one giant cabal out to put the forgotten middle american down. That idea on its head is ludicrous and plays out like a text book talking point when viewed objectively. But hey, opinions are what they are.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Some twenty years ago, the beginning of "hip-hop".

I think he got it all right :

To me, this doesn't sound "un-American". On the contrary, it shows how a critical view of a moment in a society ca be put into a work of art. That's the "America" love, as much as ...

😄 😄 😄 :cool:

Last edited:

Maloghurst

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Some twenty years ago, the beginning of "hip-hop".

I think he got it all right :

To me, this doesn't sound "un-American". On the contrary, it shows how a critical view of a moment in a society ca be put into a work of art. That's the "America" love, as much as ...

😄 😄 😄 :cool:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
:cool:
Didn(t know this interpreteyshon : all country roads lead to the place where yo belong 😄
I always imagined Seattle as a very cold spot, but you seem to have some hot steam popping out there :)

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not really considered news.
It's licensed as entertainment.
And if you do the opposite if what trump says or not pay any attention to his lies the better off you will be.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@AlainK ,

How I was educated on Politics.

The ministers [ etc. world titles ] - SERVANTS - of the people.

Must have experience with the office being held.
Eg. what does a Geologist have to offer as a Prime Minister?
Or a Civil Engineer as a minister of Finance?

And then vote yourself increased pensions.

Time to select for proven world experience in the area.
No more talk.
Good Day
Anthony

* Maduro was the driver.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The ministers [ etc. world titles ] - SERVANTS - of the people.

Must have experience with the office being held.
Eg. what does a Geologist have to offer as a Prime Minister?
Or a Civil Engineer as a minister of Finance?
Yes indeed! That used to be the idea.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This real enough for you people that dont believe this is a big deal?

New York City hospitals are using refrigerated trailers to store bodies because the morgues are over capacity and cant keep up with the rate of dead.
At least 85 trailers were distrubuted by FEMA to the city and the city has obtained more than that.

They have started to use them to store the dead as of 2-3 days ago.

There have been reports showing Hospitals putting beds in the hallways and in every corner they can fit one to accomodate the sick.

I could post pictures and links but there are news articles online from various outlets if you dont believe me.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This real enough for you people that dont believe this is a big deal?
And I am afraid this is not nearly over, looking at how daily infections is still rising.
Here we seem to have roughly stabilized the number of new infections, but it is also not dropping. :(

Throw away 2020.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My wife is an ICU nurse, but is presently unable able to work. Her close friends remain working and she hears from them daily. It's a friggin war zone, it's real and it's scary. Her friend shared this the other day

"I’ve worked as a critical care nurse for 46 years and have never seen the likes of this...we are truly in a war, a war against a virus that shows no mercy. Most of my patients are younger than me. They are intubated on ventilators, sedated and chemically paralyzed . Six of us carefully turn them prone for part of the day so their lungs can hopefully heal. They can’t respond or communicate with their families, who worry from home due to visiting restrictions. Their loved ones send us heartbreaking letters to describe their family member. They tell us not to give up the fight while we whisper the same to their cherished one. We celebrate each incremental improvement in our patient’s condition and try not to break down when they slip backward. We stay strong for each other, while crying together, laughing together, and appreciating each other more than we could have imagined. We are as scared as you are..perhaps more so, yet we are not giving up. We are never giving up until this is done. Every department in the hospital is going above and beyond expectations, lifting each other up. The community has been so kind to us in every possible way, sending us food and messages of support. We are grateful beyond words. While we will forever be changed by this, hopefully we will continue to be a kinder, more cohesive world and remember all that really matters is love and family. Take note...we will be the victors. You are NOT winning Covid 19, we are stronger than you. "

So thankful for all of our essential workers across all industries.

Top Bottom