Is stonelantern.com alive?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Can anyone confirm that they have done any business with StoneLantern.com in the last few weeks?

I just got a "sale" email from them today, and went to their site to see it had been totally redone. There is no mention of a phone number, no customer service contact info, not even an address or description on the "about us" section. I can determine no way to send an email asking for pricing clarification. Are they still alive?

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
I tried 411 in Passumpsic Vt. for Stonelantern ....no listing?

Attachments

• _42494475_shinto_ap416.jpg
    _42494475_shinto_ap416.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I purchased book and tools online on Nov 4, 2008.

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
I found 802-751-8455 on the site. They had a big clearance sale at the National Exhibition in October.
Give them a call.

Mark

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I ordered books the other day and they are in route..
Irene

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I found 802-751-8455 on the site.

I called and it rang and rang. No one picked up, no answering machine. That's one of the reasons why I was worried. What business in the 21st Century doesn't have an answering machine? Buy one from CostCo for $19.95.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I called and it rang and rang. No one picked up, no answering machine. That's one of the reasons why I was worried. What business in the 21st Century doesn't have an answering machine? Buy one from CostCo for $19.95.

Sounds like them. I had to do with them for a while. Not anymore. There were reasons why the most successful bonsai magazine in English language had to be given up.

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Purchased 4 books from them yesterday, hopefully they are on the way. Looks like Wayne is on the way towards retirement, so he may be just winding down the operations.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds like them. I had to do with them for a while. Not anymore. There were reasons why the most successful bonsai magazine in English language had to be given up.

That IS a shame, isn't it? When the magazine changed hands, it seemed that things began to change immediately, and not necessarily for the better.

On the other hand, it depends on your definition of success. International Bonsai has been going strong for 30 years. It's not as flashy as Bonsai Today, but gives a great deal of good information on many bonsai topics, including technique. One measure of success is longevity.

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
Good observations Chris.
Some people prefer a publication with taste and substance over "flash" and know International Bonsai magazine as that source in English. Of course there plenty of other sources for those looking for something else.

Mark

Top Bottom