Is there a slanted broom style?

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
I got a euopean beech tree who I have a good start to a broom style but not formal and come spring want good game plan to get so more small branch structure working. Just wondering if I'm headed in right direction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 47

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Oh the dreaded sideways photos, but you look to have an informal upright tree. (WHEN it is upright, that is.)

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
Oh the dreaded sideways photos, but you look to have an informal upright tree. (WHEN it is upright, that is.)

Apex not over nabari so I figured it was slaying and the branch structure doesn't allow to reposition the apex over. I know the rules where made to be broken but have good start so want as much help to make it great end.

macdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome! There's a guy called RightSideUp on here that goes around fixing sideways and upside down photos! JKL is probably in love right now...

Someone has a sense of humor!!!

That is a good looking tree, btw!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You've got a nice informal upright tree already...why destroy it to make a broom? :confused:

Unless our definitions of what a broom is different.

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
You've got a nice informal upright tree already...why destroy it to make a broom? :confused:

Unless our definitions of what a broom is different.

I thought that the apex needs to still be centered for informal upright?

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
I get that making it broom would set it back but with how hard the Nabari is and angle of trunk I'm thinking that makes this a slant style tree.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It sure looks scorched this early in the season, but I don't know beech. Careful with the watering, as I am guessing it dried out pretty bad, but now with no active leaves it will stay too soggy if overwatered.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'm with fancypants, I'd be a bit concerned it got too dry this summer. Looks like great stock but there's no way the leaves should look like that now.

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I get that making it broom would set it back but with how hard the Nabari is and angle of trunk I'm thinking that makes this a slant style tree.

I wouldn't worry about the style so much. Just make it look like a tree. :) If you try too hard to make it something else you may just end up ruining a very nice tree.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I don't have any comments on the style, just wanted to say I'm a big fan of RightSideUp. Great work (and sense of humor).

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
I'm with fancypants, I'd be a bit concerned it got too dry this summer. Looks like great stock but there's no way the leaves should look like that now.

It's not dry it got a sun burn on an unusual hot day 3 weeks ago and well it damaged the leaves enough to lose them. I'm only 3 weeks off from it dropping them naturally. It's been in the shade and the the buds for next year are fine checked a few they are full life inside so the tree is fine as it can be considering.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got a euopean beech tree who I have a good start to a broom style but not formal and come spring want good game plan to get so more small branch structure working. Just wondering if I'm headed in right direction.

Is there a slanted broom style.....maybe...

Attachments

• DSC_00040001.jpg
    DSC_00040001.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom