Is there a specific place to ask for help identifying trees?

BonsaiKen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
hello gang,

Ken here, from Kansas USA.

This is my first forum post, and I just wanted to thank you all for sharing your years of expertise. I've already learned a lot just by reading your posts! Thank you!

Is there a specific area to make a post with a picture, where someone could help me identify some very small trees/seedlings? (I saw the different tree forums...but don't know the type hehe)

BonsaiKen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Virginia Tech Dendrology is a good place to start.
hey thank you very much!

(I was just meaning was there a special section here on bonsainut to upload pictures and see if you guys could help me find out what some trees are that I found growing on my property here. Not knowing much about trees at all I was hoping some experts here could take one look and know what I've got. If there is no special section I guess I could have just uploaded here but didn't want to break any rules or anything.)

Thank you for your help - I'm going to try that site now!

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Welcome Ken,
There's no real hard rules on most forums about where to post. The categories just make it a bit easier to find threads.
If you're not sure which forum is appropriate for something try General Discussion or The Tea House

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Just post a picture or two up here in this thread, try to get them as clear as possible, maybe a pic of the whole plant and another closer up of the leaves and I'm sure someone may be able to help you out.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hello gang,

This is my first forum post, and I just wanted to thank you all for sharing your years of expertise. I've already learned a lot just by reading your posts! Thank you!

Is there a specific area to make a post with a picture, where someone could help me identify some very small trees/seedlings? (I saw the different tree forums...but don't know the type hehe)

Post pictures, but also provide some detail--if it's a nursery-sourced tree, a wild collected tree, etc. A good LOCAL tree ID book is an essential tool for bonsaiists who collect from the wild.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey Ken. People here post identification threads in general discussion, newbie section, or tea house. Someone will see it and identify.

Personally, Id like to see a dedicated section for it.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
hello gang,

Welcome to the Nut House!

nmilewski

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey Ken,

My first post too. Long time observer on here though. I've been trying to improve at identifying trees and there's an app called plantnet that's been super helpful. It's not perfect but it's helped me learn a lot and identify many that I couldn't here in Nashville.

Felt compelled to share.

-Nick

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Hey Ken,

My first post too. Long time observer on here though. I've been trying to improve at identifying trees and there's an app called plantnet that's been super helpful. It's not perfect but it's helped me learn a lot and identify many that I couldn't here in Nashville.

Felt compelled to share.

-Nick

Good suggestion! Don't be shy, post away! Welcome!

BonsaiKen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hey Ken,

Felt compelled to share.

-Nick

Thank you so much for that, downloading it now!!

BonsaiKen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I really dig this forum guys, everyone has been SUPER helpful! I'm a marketer by trade so it's refreshing to get help - without paying for it at every turn hehe

Top Bottom