Is this a good offer?

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a local offer to buy this 2 schinus terebinthifolius (Brazilian pepper tree) for 100€.....So, what do you think about it? (I only like the right one)

turbito1.JPGturbito2.JPGturbito3.JPGturbito4.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For me, it depends on of they grow there and how well.

If they do, I feel like you can quicker make something better of your own from collected material.

If material is "scarce" round you, it may be a great deal.

Sorce

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have never heard of that species being used for bonsai, so that's a bit too experimental for my tastes.

QuantumSparky

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'd say that doesn't seem like an absurd price in general for those - it really comes down to how much you'd realistically pay for some trees that have most of the work already. For me personally, I wouldn't purchase anything like that even for cheap. My enjoyment comes from growing and styling myself, instead of just taking care of someone else's work.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's possible this is just a linguistic quirk, but it sounded to me like @Fidur would be the seller in this scenario, so his interest would be to get the highest reasonable price. Markets for well-developed "prebonsai" seem to vary quite widely. I see material for sale in Britain at prices I would die to see here, in the southwestern US. So it really depends on your local market, in addition to demand for the particular species. From the look of it, I think that price would be a bit low where I am. I would expect to pay probably twice that for a desirable species at that level of development. But if you are willing, it is not an absurd price either.

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have agreed with the seller to take a look at the little one for 50€. When I see the true size, soil, health etc, I'll decide.
Thanks all for the input

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I also am not familiar with that species.
I am also not familiar with your currency so cant judge the prices quoted.

About all I can say is the little one looks pretty nice.
Sorry I can't be more help

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, I loved the tree. It was healthy, with good soil and a beautiful trunk. So now it´s in my bonsai corner....:D
I must say there are not many opportunities here to get bonsais, so I'm very happy.
For those who don´t know the Brazilian Pepper Tree, this tree will produce red "peppers" in due time. It's a popular garden tree here.
Thanks for your advices!!!

Photos

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
100 dollars is the new 50 dollars!
Got for it!
They look cool.....but I agree with Lance....wait for leaves to return to be sure.

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
100 dollars is the new 50 dollars!
Got for it!
They look cool.....but I agree with Lance....wait for leaves to return to be sure.
It was finally 50€ (about 60$) though it's the biggest amount I've paid for a tree till now. It's not a decidous tree, and the leaves are growing right now!

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
cool...its a peppercorn tree ? i see they sell red peppercorn maybe from this type of tree?

i loved cracked pepper on my food

Top Bottom