redrose_45

Seedling
Reaction score
I can’t tell if this is unhealthy?

1st photo (with my hand) seems a bit more brown and there hasn’t been too much growth over this season.

2nd better growth and seems healthier?

I’ve also noticed sap on the floor around the tree?

Attachments

• D9862697-D7C0-413E-9B59-C97254A3CB15.jpeg
    D9862697-D7C0-413E-9B59-C97254A3CB15.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 91CC560C-E1A9-45AC-A82F-7B37D621AE20.jpeg
    91CC560C-E1A9-45AC-A82F-7B37D621AE20.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 50

redrose_45

Seedling
Reaction score
Kinda of hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like dormancy colors to me.
Where are you located?
I’m in the UK on the south coast so it is getting colder now but something feels a bit off

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve also noticed sap on the floor around the tree?
Does this mean it is being kept inside? If it is, either put it outside, leave it there and pray, or throw it away. If its inside its dying. Its not a houseplant.

redrose_45

Seedling
Reaction score
Does this mean it is being kept inside? If it is, either put it outside, leave it there and pray, or throw it away. If its inside its dying. Its not a houseplant.
I’ve only kept it inside over night because there has been some torrential rain. All my trees live outside otherwise!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve only kept it inside over night because there has been some torrential rain. All my trees live outside otherwise!

Them nights can be quite important for proper progression into the actual season.
If you figure most of fall, if we don't go out when it's dark, we wouldn't know what season it was becoming.

Looks like fall color though, I never known a Juniper to drip sap, so if it is a pest, it should be easy to identify as that.

Sorce

redrose_45

Seedling
Reaction score
Them nights can be quite important for proper progression into the actual season.
If you figure most of fall, if we don't go out when it's dark, we wouldn't know what season it was becoming.

Looks like fall color though, I never known a Juniper to drip sap, so if it is a pest, it should be easy to identify as that.

Sorce
I can understand your point here. We’ve had a lot of rain lately and I feel like bringing it inside is the lesser of two evils here. I don’t want to be dealing with root rot and the tree getting sick. I feel like I need to get some shelter for it over nights like this

I’ll keep an eye out, thank you.

redrose_45

Seedling
Reaction score
Root rot is largely a myth.

Torrential Rains are more likely to flush it out than cause it.

Indoor nights also make them more susceptible.

Sorce
The soil I’ve used for my trees isn’t very draining - (my lifestyle doesn’t always let me look after very draining soil during hot summers). I‘be never experimented with the juniper because it usually takes a couple weeks to see any issues with them but I’ve experimented with my pomegranates and they really don’t like being out in a lot of rain so I just assumed it would be similar with the juniper?

Top Bottom