Is this water? Lavender Star Flower

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This year I put it in a mix of akadama kanuma and pumice with a dash of charcoal. They are an acid loving plant. My guess is about 40%A, 30%-K, 30%-P. I repot it in mid to late February which is when it starts to grow vigorously again. My growing area stays fairly cool for winter which is why it slows down. You can repot in summer, I just like mine to be recovered by July August because that’s its best flowering months.

Once you get it into bonsai soil you’ll have to water every day sometimes twice. I’ve had mine drop 30-40% of its leaves from getting too dry. It was in an exhibition where watering can be sparse and when I got it home dropped 50% of its leaves. The leaves never looked wilted. I have the ability to water it on demand, but you may want to consider this when you choose a bonsai mix.
I don’t know if you’re aware of its thread so here’s a link.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This year I put it in a mix of akadama kanuma and pumice with a dash of charcoal. They are an acid loving plant. My guess is about 40%A, 30%-K, 30%-P. I repot it in mid to late February which is when it starts to grow vigorously again. My growing area stays fairly cool for winter which is why it slows down. You can repot in summer, I just like mine to be recovered by July August because that’s its best flowering months.

Once you get it into bonsai soil you’ll have to water every day sometimes twice. I’ve had mine drop 30-40% of its leaves from getting too dry. It was in an exhibition where watering can be sparse and when I got it home dropped 50% of its leaves. The leaves never looked wilted. I have the ability to water it on demand, but you may want to consider this when you choose a bonsai mix.

Nice! Thank you. :)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Thanks! I have one offensive root that sticks up out the soil, I'd like to remove. How picky are they about root work? Sorry for using your thread @Michigan Tree Murderer for my own edification.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thanks! I have one offensive root that sticks up out the soil, I'd like to remove. How picky are they about root work? Sorry for using your thread @Michigan Tree Murderer for my own edification.
If thy root offends thee, cut it off! The younger the plant the more abuse it will take. I’m just going to update my thread and you’re welcome to take it there. 😁😁

Top Bottom