Is this what $10k will buy you these days?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The price is high. But.. Note the size, 36 inches tall, 3 inch trunk. This is a LARGE tree, with clearly a lot of age on it and well developed branching. I am not surprised it goes for a premium

10K.. Not really for me.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well, it’s not “all that”.

But, sometimes a shop will put a ridiculously high price on a couple items to make the rest of their inventory look like a bargain.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I look at the other prices I can't help but thinking it's a mistake...real price is $970.00. One 0 to much.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
For posterity...and from the pricing of the other trees, I’d also guess is a typo.
B64C4576-F286-403F-86A1-6C9A6F8EFDDE.jpeg

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I think it is expensive at $970. However, all the more power to the seller if they can get the price they are asking for!! I am surprised sometimes how much people will pay for certain trees if they fall in love with them. I know I have "overpaid" for a tree or two in my time :) At least they didn't say it was an indoor tree :)

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
All shapes is currently selling a flawless Zuisho JWP for $6,000. It's about the same height but a little chunkier. I didn't realize that importing JWP from Japan was easy and legal.... I would love to get my hands on a decent chinese elm prebonsai. Realizing they are somewhat hard to find in the non-stick stage of development. but not for 10K haha. The most I ever paid for a car was 3.2K so that's about where I'd have to draw the line

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have spent plenty more than $3200 on a car and I still think there’s an extra zero tacked onto the price tag of that elm
Yes. And yes!

3200 barely gets you a car that is safe to run on the German freeways nowadays!

Top Bottom