ISO fat bougie cuttings

Backwardsvg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hello all I am in search of some fat bougie cuttings! It’s been a dream to have a nice thick bougie. I have a few pencil thick but I’d love one to have a decent trunk!

If you have a big bush / tree that needs some pruning and have some thick cuttings I would love to take them off your hands. I could do some money or maybe a trade! They can be rooted or not ( fresh cut)!

Thanks everyone!

cbrshadow23

Shohin
Reaction score
Where are you located in Chicago?
I'm in California but am moving back to Chicago this summer. Likely Arlington Heights or Barrington area. I'm on the fence about bringing some of my big collected bougainvillea's with me or selling them before the move.
What's your winter plan for Bougies?

Backwardsvg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am south West of Chicago

I have them inside under lights they do well. lights on about 14 hours a day light fertilizing and they push growth all winter.

If you have some big bougies around you and wana chop some branches let me know ;)

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I am south West of Chicago

I have them inside under lights they do well. lights on about 14 hours a day light fertilizing and they push growth all winter.

If you have some big bougies around you and wana chop some branches let me know ;)
When you say "big" how big do you want? Do you have a color preference? You never know what I might run across here. The most common one is a reddish pink that might be Barbara Karst

Backwardsvg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@milehigh_7 anything really thicker than 1-2 inches. Ideally decently thick. I have 2 that are like pencil thickness and I know it’ll take them forever to thicken up! But I love the pink or any color really!

Top Bottom