ISO ficus bonsai or pre bonsai

Jaag

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am looking for ficus bonsai. Please let me know what you have thank you.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Where are you Located?

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Jaag

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am in Utah. I need to update my page.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
There are many places online to order from

what is your price range?

Do you know what kind of ficus you might be interested in? Have you checked around your local greenhouses?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I wish there was a meme/gif with a super sketch looking dude wearing a tan colored trench coat, smoking a joint, at night, in the rain, on a city street corner.....opening the coat to reveal several mame and shohin bonsai sitting in large pockets made specifically for holding bonsai trees.
Caption reads: "Take a look at these!.....Trees!"

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you do Facebook...reach out to Jason Schley there through messenger with a budget.

My friend just bought this one from him...as I made the initial contact...being a middle man...I sent photos to her of her chosen budget. She chose this one...received_145581650955325.jpeg

and I couldn't pass this one up.
20210602_091209.jpg

Jaag

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey everybody I really appreciate the replies. This forum is great. My budget isn't super high right now as I am brand new into this. I don't want to spend a whole lot because there is a chance I kill the tree.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hey everybody I really appreciate the replies. This forum is great. My budget isn't super high right now as I am brand new into this. I don't want to spend a whole lot because there is a chance I kill the tree.
You may need to see about what your local box store has. Mallsai (mass produced product) is a good stepping stone for less money.

My friend paid $75 plus shipping. Mine was a bit more...if that is to high
.I suggest box stores. Good luck to you.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.
<<<<< It will show here.

Everyone needs to crawl before they learn to walk. Starting with cheap big box nursery plants works well. Remember, the horticulture and art ends of bonsai are two entirely separate entities. You will kill lots and make some that look like the need killin' so learning as cheap as possible is productive after all.

Jaag

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So, it looks like my hardiness zone is 6a

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Jaag, give a call to Aposhian Gardens in West Valley. I am not sure if they are still keeping their tropical greenhouse going, but they used to have a range of ficus from large houseplants down to small cuttings, and at very reasonable prices.

Jaag

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Jaag, give a call to Aposhian Gardens in West Valley. I am not sure if they are still keeping their tropical greenhouse going, but they used to have a range of ficus from large houseplants down to small cuttings, and at very reasonable prices.
That is perfect. Thank you for that. Nice to see someone else on here in Utah.

Top Bottom