It came from the Oort!

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm excited about hypothetical Oort cloud visitor Comet ISON,i'm looking for tell-tale signs of an intelligence greater than our own in it's trajectory.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Let us hope it is something spectacular on a higher order than Kohoutek. Signs of intelligence greater than our own might include interference with the transmission of the television show "Jersey Shore".

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Oh we can only hope. Did you hear that someone filed legislation called the anti new jersey shore bill?

Klytus, if a guy comes out and says nanu nanu, the show is funny.

Watch out for the cool aid drinkers, they love to follow these, sadly.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm thinking if it passes behind the Sun and re-emerges on the same side we will know the hand of Ming was almost certainly involved.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The engineer and i were looking at car battery chargers in a store flyer but the picture was cropped so one cable had an unknown connector,the crocodile clips were visible and he speculated it could have a cigarette lighter attatchment on the end of the cropped cable...

This arrangement would probably not work but if the battery comprised of materials with properties outside of our understanding of conventional space/time then we could be onto something.

Such a battery could be instantly recharged if it was found to be flat merely by the user deciding to recharge it sometime in the future,or in the past,and of course being able to so.

I guess we have to look into new alloys which feature something like non-euclidean reactance.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It sounds like it could be a pretty spectacular event if it lives up to it's hype. I spent a lot of time on the back deck watching Hale-Bopp when it passed in 1997
And there's another cool space tidbit, it looks like Mars had water at one time
CLICK

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
They keep finding evidence of Martian Water,it's like they will only stop rediscovering evidence such as the ice covered Olympus Mons if they find a can of "Martian Dew" or something.

There were like Garnets weathering out of matrix a few weeks back,and for water you only need Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Another thing i cannot abide is the TV talking heads and their Asteroid belt comprised of bits left over from the 'creation' of the solar system.

Like they were floating about aimlessly before corralling in a tidy belt of left-over parts.

When in fact it's fairly obvious the Asteroid belters are the differentiated remnants of the destruction of a good sized chunk of the Solar System.

By the same logic one could say Saturns rings were just left-over parts,perhaps like dinner from the evening before?

Some kind of Surplus that didn't fit into the grand scheme!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a tidy belt. Keeps my underoos up.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Survivors of planet Aster bracing for Comet impact,said to an unprovoked.

Comet ISON to run the gauntlet of disgruntled Asteroidians,won't be perturbed.

Top Bottom