It felt like spring so I kinda felt like doing a little...

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
How long you been growing those stumps out Dave? Looking damn good!

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
How long you been growing those stumps out Dave? Looking damn good!
I bought them from Evergreen gardenworks as seedlings 8 years ago. They were briefly planted in the yard in MA...like 6 mo...but were dug and moved south in '09'. They spent a year or two down here in pots, but they've all been in the ground at least 5 years. They grow like weeds here. I wish I had a few more because I wouldn't cut back every year...I'd love to let them go for a few years of unfettered growth and see what I'd have then. Hmmm, it's almost planting time

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I bought them from Evergreen gardenworks as seedlings 8 years ago. They were briefly planted in the yard in MA...like 6 mo...but were dug and moved south in '09'. They spent a year or two down here in pots, but they've all been in the ground at least 5 years. They grow like weeds here. I wish I had a few more because I wouldn't cut back every year...I'd love to let them go for a few years of unfettered growth and see what I'd have then. Hmmm, it's almost planting time
Cuttings or seedlings? And they're flowering?

Awesome to see, I bought a few myself recently (still looking for white ones though...) to put in the ground like yours. Theyre in pots for their first few months here and then into the ground they go.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Cuttings or seedlings? And they're flowering?

Awesome to see, I bought a few myself recently (still looking for white ones though...) to put in the ground like yours. Theyre in pots for their first few months here and then into the ground they go.
I'm pretty sure I bought these as seedlings...I'm sure they aren't a specific cultivar. These have flowered each of the last 2 to 3 winters. I suspect the yield would be higher, but they are getting chopped pretty much every year every year...the flowers are on 4-5 year old branches that haven't been touched.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm pretty sure I bought these as seedlings...I'm sure they aren't a specific cultivar. These have flowered each of the last 2 to 3 winters. I suspect the yield would be higher, but they are getting chopped pretty much every year every year...the flowers are on 4-5 year old branches that haven't been touched.
Aha! Thanks for clarifying, I've read/been told conflicting information regarding them flowering from seed.

Top Bottom