it makes a BIG difference

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
I'd recently posted some pictures in the photo gallery - taken with my sony point and shoot. three of the trees were looking pretty good, so I made an appointment with ron and took the trees in to his studio, photo spectrum, to be photographed. the session took three hours. over 100 photos were taken , each one a little bit different than the one before. lights were added or subtracted. the height of the lights were raised and lowered, the intensity and direction of the lighting changed constantly, sometimes with each shot. filters were added or taken off. camera and lenses changed, reflectors were moved regularly. the process was truly amazing ron was total in command. five amazing pictures came out of this session. all the others were put on a separate CD. to say there is a BIG difference between my pictures and ron's is an understatement. see for yourself.

two views - juniperus chinensis kishu

two views - bougainvillea brazilnensis pink pixie

vitex rotundifolia pohinahina

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do.

best wishes from hawaii.

sam

Attachments

• Kishu.jpg
    Kishu.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 178
  • KishuBack.jpg
    KishuBack.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 161
  • PinkPixi1.jpg
    PinkPixi1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 177
  • PinkPixi2.jpg
    PinkPixi2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Pohinahina.jpg
    Pohinahina.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 165

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
thanks john. glad you enjoyed them

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Wow beautiful pictures and trees! I would love to hear some of the history behind the juniper pictured

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
thanks duane. someday we'll meet.

best wishes, sam

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
thanks JC. no chance of a book here! I'll die of old age well before I learn even the basics.

best wishes from hawaii.

sam

Top Bottom