Italian Stone Pine??

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
Question please? Is tree just behind potted tree Araucaria spo_O? Generally this is wrong time of year for repotting pines so good luck on this one.
I basically slip potted it, just pulled soil back from the top of the rootball and took a little bit off the bottom which was just fine roots and no big ones. I usually don't do full repots on evergreens, its basically like spring here right no anyway. Are you talking about the plants in the ground? Banana right behind it and Norfolk Island Pine that I am going to have removed after it almost hit our house during Irma. On the table in the red pot is a Juniper and the white pot is a lorapetulum.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Norfolk Is. "pine" is Arucaria species. Wonderful and valuable tree you should be happy to keep. House has insurance for repair:p.

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
Norfolk Is. "pine" is Arucaria species. Wonderful and valuable tree you should be happy to keep. House has insurance for repair:p.
not after the crown broke and nearly hit my house. My hurricane deductible is 10 percent of replacement cost so unless its catastrophic damage its out of pocket and its cheaper to remove the trees. Also if they damaged a neighbor's house I am getting sued.

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here's this year's attempt, from Wal-Mart. Going to stay on a porch that stays 5-7 degrees warmer than outside, and in an adjacent unheated closet when it gets super cold to keep the roots from freezing. This should get it through the winter. Last year's plant croaked.

20171222_194213.jpg

and just for fun, a cute little variegated English holly.

20171222_194247.jpg

Top Bottom