Itowgawa Shimpaku Juniper....

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Harry,

I like the first image very much and am sure that you will see that this tree is well styled when it gets worked on later.

Is this a new tree for you?

Regards,
Martin

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
im not even sure im qualified to post any sort of comment on that.
never mind where do i begin on that beast.
feels like that shari is eating that foliage
p

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Sweet Itoigawa...mind sharing where it came from? I'm looking for one myself. You can find nice ones in Europe, but most won't export to the US. You have to love that deadwood! I am not great at carving, but this one really doesn't warrant any.

If this was mine...and judging only from the photos and using the front shown in the photo with the Coke Can, I might incline it a bit to the right to add some stability to the base, a little movement to the main curve, and improve the overall balance. There is plenty of foliage to make a nice canopy or some pads to give a few peeks into those nice twists, and "stretch" the foliage to make the composition a little wider. Thanks for sharing; great tree!

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Sweet Itoigawa...mind sharing where it came from? I'm looking for one myself. You can find nice ones in Europe, but most won't export to the US. You have to love that deadwood! I am not great at carving, but this one really doesn't warrant any.

If this was mine...and judging only from the photos and using the front shown in the photo with the Coke Can, I might incline it a bit to the right to add some stability to the base, a little movement to the main curve, and improve the overall balance. There is plenty of foliage to make a nice canopy or some pads to give a few peeks into those nice twists, and "stretch" the foliage to make the composition a little wider. Thanks for sharing; great tree!

Try Don Blackmond at Gregory Beach Bonsai, he always has a few nice ones for sale.

keep it green,
Harry

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
Awesome tree Harry! Where did you find that in Oklahoma? Marco will have fun working on that beauty! But don't let him have all the fun though, you have to jump in and do some bonsai work yourself. Good luck with it!
Si

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Try Don Blackmond at Gregory Beach Bonsai, he always has a few nice ones for sale.

Thanks, I'll give him a try...I have bought a couple trees from Don and have been very pleased.

Top Bottom