It's all your fault!

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Curious what is the dead thing...in the pot?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Thought you were talking about the Bonsai.... Was saying to myself, "Boy,Tough crowd!".... Then I really looked at pic.
Nice tree and bench!

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I confess, I confess!
He/She did it. I saw the
whole thing; I promise I
did.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That was a hibiscus. I keep them in the house in the winter now.
So you purchased more since loosing this one I assume. Since your just now sharing your first tree (bonsai) . I have one of my own for many,many years. It's a potted tree. Blooming like crazy right now. Noticed the braided trunk and was curious if it were one as well.

So new bench as well? Or just the tree is new?
image.jpg

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice work on the bench. I might add that if the front stretcher (the 2x4 that keeps the front legs apart) was set back a foot or so under the bench, it would make standing close a bit easier. If the bench is only for display it probably won't matter, but if you work on the "bottom step" it might help. (unless you are extremely flat-footed)
CW

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Someone has found "plant lust" and is in denial - blaming it on others :rolleyes:

Grimmy

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hey Joe good start. You might consider adding the bottom step and also a slatted bottom. Remember that if your pots sit on a flat surface that when you water the extra will not flow out the bottom but pool because it is sealed by contact between the pot and shelf. Root Rot. So a stick or something similar under the edge of the pot will resolve this condition.

Extra note Joe B. Valavanis is our guest at TBS this weekend.

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
So you purchased more since loosing this one I assume. Since your just now sharing your first tree (bonsai) . I have one of my own for many,many years. It's a potted tree. Blooming like crazy right now. Noticed the braided trunk and was curious if it were one as well.

So new bench as well? Or just the tree is new?
View attachment 96350
Nothing new here Darlene. The bench is 2 years old. I was just going through pictures and it just struck me to blame that first tree for all this madness. This is the bench in May of 2014.

Attachments

• bench 5-28-14 002.JPG
    bench 5-28-14 002.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 29

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
Hey Joe good start. You might consider adding the bottom step and also a slatted bottom. Remember that if your pots sit on a flat surface that when you water the extra will not flow out the bottom but pool because it is sealed by contact between the pot and shelf. Root Rot. So a stick or something similar under the edge of the pot will resolve this condition.

Extra note Joe B. Valavanis is our guest at TBS this weekend.
I try and keep any pot that don't have feet on a grid. I'm going to make it to a meeting some day, promise.

Top Bottom