It's good to be a Pats fan!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Unbelievable but true! We did it and might I add with class and professionally!

The Trophy.jpg

We live in a tiny Borough 45 minutes to an hour away and the entire area had fireworks, horns, and people screaming here until past midnight out on the streets :p Never saw such a thing but Philly was even crazier -

Eagles Philly Party.png

Grimmy

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Congratulations to the NFL wherein:

Nobody knows what a catch is
Nobody knows what a TD is
Whenever things get interesting....HOLDING
Whenever things get interesting....CHALLENGE
The game play is scheduled around commercial breaks and not vice versa
Tax payers are gouged to build to their colliseums but have no commensurate acccess to them; and once you are inside (after the ticket prices), you have the priviledge of buying a 12 dollar beer
The hilarious degree of concussion denial for decades
They shill for the United Way which is just about the most nebulous charity ever
They are stuck in a bit of a pickle similar to Hillary....which is your private and public position on these social-engineer players of yours? I'd imagine their response would go a little something like this: "We are whatever it is you want us to be. C'mon fellaz....let's not think too deeply about this. Just let our advertisers know you're watching and keep filling our stadiums and getting drunk. It used to be such a simple relationship. Don't break up with us. After all we've been through. I can change!"z

Used to get Bears tickets through my wife's work. "United Club" access. Very underwhelming. Not a fun sport to watch in person. Not at the pro level. Not worth the hassle of getting there.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Unbelievable but true! We did it and might I add with class and professionally!

View attachment 176840

We live in a tiny Borough 45 minutes to an hour away and the entire area had fireworks, horns, and people screaming here until past midnight out on the streets :p Never saw such a thing but Philly was even crazier -

View attachment 176841

Grimmy
Congratulations to the NFL wherein:

Nobody knows what a catch is
Nobody knows what a TD is
Whenever things get interesting....HOLDING
Whenever things get interesting....CHALLENGE
The game play is scheduled around commercial breaks and not vice versa
Tax payers are gouged to build to their colliseums but have no commensurate acccess to them; and once you are inside (after the ticket prices), you have the priviledge of buying a 12 dollar beer
The hilarious degree of concussion denial for decades
They shill for the United Way which is just about the most nebulous charity ever
They are stuck in a bit of a pickle similar to Hillary....which is your private and public position on these social-engineer players of yours? I'd imagine their response would go a little something like this: "We are whatever it is you want us to be. C'mon fellaz....let's not think too deeply about this. Just let our advertisers know you're watching and keep filling our stadiums and getting drunk. It used to be such a simple relationship. Don't break up with us. After all we've been through. I can change!"z

Used to get Bears tickets through my wife's work. "United Club" access. Very underwhelming. Not a fun sport to watch in person. Not at the pro level. Not worth the hassle of getting there.
Hey... It's still GREAT to be a Pats fan:cool:.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hey... It's still GREAT to be a Pats fan:cool:.

They are truly Pro and as in any Sport when a Team dominates for any length of time they become unpopular to many - not certain why as I am not a sports fan pertaining to field sports. What I wanted to get was your take on Brady overall throughout the game. I mentioned to Crystal that throughout the game even when they bounced ahead he did not have his usual "cat that caught the mouse" look... He seemed either to be concentrating overall but to me for the most part he appeared to look like he was suffering from either pain, headache or flu symptoms. Just did not seem himself.

Grimmy

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They are truly Pro and as in any Sport when a Team dominates for any length of time they become unpopular to many - not certain why as I am not a sports fan pertaining to field sports. What I wanted to get was your take on Brady overall throughout the game. I mentioned to Crystal that throughout the game even when they bounced ahead he did not have his usual "cat that caught the mouse" look... He seemed either to be concentrating overall but to me for the most part he appeared to look like he was suffering from either pain, headache or flu symptoms. Just did not seem himself.

Grimmy
I'll agree that he seemed off, at least in the first half. His passes were wobbly and fluttered While Foles was throwing darts, which is what I'm used to seeing from TB. Don't forget that he is just 3 weeks removed from an injury that required 12 stitches in the palm of his throwing hand. He played well enough 2 weeks ago, and the stitches were removed last week, so I don't know. I mean, he still passed for over 500 yards... but losing Brandin Cook in the first quarter was a killer, though.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'll agree that he seemed off, at least in the first half. His passes were wobbly and fluttered While Foles was throwing darts, which is what I'm used to seeing from TB. Don't forget that he is just 3 weeks removed from an injury that required 12 stitches in the palm of his throwing hand. He played well enough 2 weeks ago, and the stitches were removed last week, so I don't know. I mean, he still passed for over 500 yards... but losing Brandin Cook in the first quarter was a killer, though.

Now that all makes sense, as I said I don't really watch until the playoffs but have seen enough of TB over the years to realize something seemed odd. He always looked to confident in the past and that subtle grin showed it. Hell, they said he walked into the locker room like he was going to audition to be James Bond - exactly what I remember and expected.

Grimmy

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I only attributed people's hate towards the Patriots as jealousy. They are always such an amazing team to watch! What the coaching staff and players have done in New england is amazing, even if they didn't get their 6th ring.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

So what do you think this means for Gronk, Belicheck and Brady? You think any of them retire? Garoppolo made like 130k yesterday!

It’s crazy to think Foles is not in an eagle jersey next year after this season, but likely.

Oh and that giants commercial was embarrassing for me, lol.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So what do you think this means for Gronk, Belicheck and Brady? You think any of them retire? Garoppolo made like 130k yesterday!

It’s crazy to think Foles is not in an eagle jersey next year after this season, but likely.

Oh and that giants commercial was embarrassing for me, lol.
I'm sure they're all disappointed, but why retire when you're at the top of your game? Belichick has no reason to leave. Brady threw for 3 TDs and 500 yards while Gronk caught 2 TDs and 116 yards receiving. Brady was the MVP and both are pro-bowlers. I'm sure they're concerned about injuries, but their competitiveness won't let them go. They'll be back for another run next year.... count on it.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm sure they're all disappointed, but why retire when you're at the top of your game? Belichick has no reason to leave. Brady threw for 3 TDs and 500 yards while Gronk caught 2 TDs and 116 yards receiving. Brady was the MVP and both are pro-bowlers. I'm sure they're concerned about injuries, but their competitiveness won't let them go. They'll be back for another run next year.... count on it.
See y'all next week!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Should make for an interesting Sunday......spouse is a Chiefs fan.......should be a hell of a matchup. Game should be good, as well!!!;):mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I feel like next weeks chiefs vs pats is the real superbowl. I am pulling for the chiefs, i rooted for them much of my youth when i wasn't cheering for the giants. I may even have an old derrick thomas jersey somewhere.. I like mahomes and think it would be an impressive feat to pull it out after giving Kareem Hunt the deserved boot. But it will be tough, pats looking great as usual.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I feel like next weeks chiefs vs pats is the real superbowl. I am pulling for the chiefs, i rooted for them much of my youth when i wasn't cheering for the giants. I may even have an old derrick thomas jersey somewhere.. I like mahomes and think it would be an impressive feat to pull it out after giving Kareem Hunt the deserved boot. But it will be tough, pats looking great as usual.
It's going to be a good game... if the Pat's D shows up. Otherwise, it could get ugly quick. The over/under is something like 57, fwiw... I'd take the over:cool:.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
all I know of NFL is that Dan Marino had to place the laces out for kicking and he didn't and they lost the superbowl. And Finkle is now a crossdresser police.
Thanks Ace Ventura!
You know more than I know or care to know. I couldn't tell you who won the Superbowl for the past couple decades and I have no idea who is playing this year.

Top Bottom