It's good to be a Pats fan!

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is good to know just in time for my fantasy draft tomorrow. But he definitely deflated those balls!!:)

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
This is good to know just in time for my fantasy draft tomorrow. But he definitely deflated those balls!!:)
According to the NFL findings, Brady was "generally aware" that the balls were being manipulated??? What the hell does that mean? And why give 12 balls to each team before the beginning of each game anyway? Every team is pushing the limits while trying to gain an edge. The Pats have been so successful over the last 15 years that they have been placed under a microscope by those looking to take them down and that is the only reason we're talking about supposedly deflated balls. Fwiw, I've been a Pats fan since the 70's when Steve Grogan was their QB and they might win a few games each year. I'm loving this.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You are right about why they are being scrutinized, if they were losing this wouldn't even be an issue. Giving teams balls before the game is dumb, Should be refs job and nobody else touches them. Most NYers hate the pats(mostly jets fans which I am not) . I don't though and actually love me some Gronk, guy is an animal. I dislike Pete Carroll so I'm glad he made possibly the worst call in history that gave pats the win.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
(few pats on your back!)

How does a professional QB not know if the ball is different.
Be it .oo4 oz.

Fuck that guy. And Cutler.
Marshas a bitch.

Sorce

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
You are right about why they are being scrutinized, if they were losing this wouldn't even be an issue. Giving teams balls before the game is dumb, Should be refs job and nobody else touches them. Most NYers hate the pats(mostly jets fans which I am not) . I don't though and actually love me some Gronk, guy is an animal. I dislike Pete Carroll so I'm glad he made possibly the worst call in history that gave pats the win.
Fwiw, I'm not a Brady apologist. I don't know if he actually directed those equipment guys to manipulate the balls, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did...but we'll never know. I just want him, and the Patriots organization, to be treated like every other team, and not be placed under extreme scrutiny simply because they consistently play better football then the rest of the NFL....and Gronk IS an absolute beast. I love his game, along with the fact that he's having fun pretty much all the time. Of course, I wouldn't want him to baby sit my kids because he might accidently burn down the houseo_O.

Last edited:

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
all I know of NFL is that Dan Marino had to place the laces out for kicking and he didn't and they lost the superbowl. And Finkle is now a crossdresser police.
Thanks Ace Ventura!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
all I know of NFL is that Dan Marino had to place the laces out for kicking and he didn't and they lost the superbowl. And Finkle is now a crossdresser police.
Thanks Ace Ventura!

All one really needs to know.

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
piggers.png

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am not a foot ball fan per se, but this has been all over the news so its hard to miss it.

My take on this: He claims to know nothing about it. However this is a guy who plays the sport at the highest level. He may or may not have had anything to do with it but you would think that someone who makes his living handling footballs every day would notice if they werent inflated correctly? Hell I drive my car every day and I know when tires are starting to get low by the feel of the car before you notice it by looking at them. I run a boat 1-2 days a week at work. I sure as hell know every sound it makes and how it feels when it runs and I know when something is up when things dont sound/feel right.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
So was this bad for the other team, better for his team or just better for all?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I am not a foot ball fan per se, but this has been all over the news so its hard to miss it.

My take on this: He claims to know nothing about it. However this is a guy who plays the sport at the highest level. He may or may not have had anything to do with it but you would think that someone who makes his living handling footballs every day would notice if they werent inflated correctly? Hell I drive my car every day and I know when tires are starting to get low by the feel of the car before you notice it by looking at them. I run a boat 1-2 days a week at work. I sure as hell know every sound it makes and how it feels when it runs and I know when something is up when things dont sound/feel right.
yeah for sure! I can kick a football (soccer for murica) once and could inmediately tell if it was out of regulations.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
According to the NFL findings, Brady was "generally aware" that the balls were being manipulated??? What the hell does that mean? And why give 12 balls to each team before the beginning of each game anyway? Every team is pushing the limits while trying to gain an edge. The Pats have been so successful over the last 15 years that they have been placed under a microscope by those looking to take them down and that is the only reason we're talking about supposedly deflated balls. Fwiw, I've been a Pats fan since the 70's when Steve Grogan was their QB and they might win a few games each year. I'm loving this.

Dave, how could you mention Steve Grogan on my father's birthday!!
I learned alot of swears watching Mr. Grogan "play football"!!!
Tom Brady....best QB ever.....book it....

Ha..."generally aware"...tough to prosecute, like, "I think I saw that guy robbing the bank, but I'm almost blind...:rolleyes:

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pats fans seem to fall back on behavior that can be proven in a court of law. NFL rules, like most employment handbooks, are also intended to regulate workplace behavior that doesn't rise to criminal behavior. It doesn't require application of courtroom rules of evidence. We all know Brady and his accomplices cheated. Again.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Excactly. Like if our watering cans are half full.

What do you do on a boat!
Paradox, you are Awesome!

Sorce

Lol Thanks

I am a marine fisheries biologist. I run a fisheries independent survey in Long Island Sound from May-October.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol Thanks

I am a marine fisheries biologist. I run a fisheries independent survey in Long Island Sound from May-October.

Very cool!

So you know where the stripers are?

Sorce

Top Bottom