It's not all bad...

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I realize this should probably be posted in the Tea House. But alot of people ignore the Tea House to avoid sappy, whiny crap that has nothing to do with trees. This will probably qualify for the sappy, so feel free to quit reading. This is an unprecedented time for our country and the world. When everything seems bleak I invite you to share some things that bring you joy in a time of panic and sadness. I personally am very thankful that for now all of my friends and family are healthy. It's wonderful to actually have a spring this year, not go straight from winter to summer. The grass is green, my landscape plants are all awake and growing. My first crape myrtle survived the winter and repotting and is showing some buds. All things to be happy about. I also am thankful for this site, to be able to look at and hear about peoples trees and escape the sad news for awhile. I think for the most part, people are pulling together and perhaps showing a little bit more kindness toward each other. So, there goes the sappy. Sorry. Be well everyone.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FINALLY the sun came back out and 63 degrees today:cool:. Was able to get back out on the hiking hill and do more trail clearing along a very beautiful little rocky seasonal creek I dearly love. So nice to do something OUT besides just go to the store! Every bit more clearing done exposes more new beauty to me. God is good.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Spring has sprung. To the point where my little pup has started sunbathing. Up until last week it was too cold, but yesterday he was out on his back with his belly to sky and ‘til September he shall remain.

Trees are greening, blooms are blooming and all the animals are getting frisky. Particularly the birds. Swans are staking territorial claims, ducks and geese are building nests and the kingfishers whisk past our boat with a loud “toot”, bills full of fish for their young.

I know I am extremely fortunate to live where I live, but I’m probably one of the few people who’s life hasn’t changed all that much even though we are on a countrywide lockdown. My silver lining will always be the river.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
Despite the happy fanfare of empty glass bottles which my alcoholic neighbor clumsly tries to get rid of , in my garden , almost no sign of human presence !
The comings and goings of planes has now given way to melodious song of birds , which seem to compete in order to celebrate this temporary victory of nature over the so pervasive presence of man ...

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Despite the happy fanfare of empty glass bottles which my alcoholic neighbor clumsly tries to get rid of , in my garden , almost no sign of human presence !
The comings and goings of planes has now given way to melodious song of birds , which seem to compete in order to celebrate this temporary victory of nature over the so pervasive presence of man ...
Or, as we say in Philly, "Man, its quiet out there"
CW

Dzhokar

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I love this time of year!
Trees pushing new growth, bright green and delicate.
Squirrels invading my yard stealing all my acorns... Get off my LAWN!
Cardinals stopping by every morning and song birds singing.
The creek out back running full, smooth and peaceful.

It's going to be 95 degrees here today... then back down to 70s next day lol what's up with that? Gotta love Dallas weather.

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
I realize this should probably be posted in the Tea House. But alot of people ignore the Tea House to avoid sappy, whiny crap that has nothing to do with trees. This will probably qualify for the sappy, so feel free to quit reading. This is an unprecedented time for our country and the world. When everything seems bleak I invite you to share some things that bring you joy in a time of panic and sadness. I personally am very thankful that for now all of my friends and family are healthy. It's wonderful to actually have a spring this year, not go straight from winter to summer. The grass is green, my landscape plants are all awake and growing. My first crape myrtle survived the winter and repotting and is showing some buds. All things to be happy about. I also am thankful for this site, to be able to look at and hear about peoples trees and escape the sad news for awhile. I think for the most part, people are pulling together and perhaps showing a little bit more kindness toward each other. So, there goes the sappy. Sorry. Be well everyone.
I am very thankful for your post and for the opportunity for everybody here with shared interests to express accordingly.

Me personally I am walking a very thin line with bonsai, being an expat on a work visa who could at any moment (with this volotile 'economy') be forced to abandon/liquidate my 50+ babies and have to move back "up North" where this activity is not feasible. So now, I am appreciating the fact that I can routinely walk along my benches and literally watch these awesome little trees grow more and more every day. It is the most relaxing thing ever, and anybody who doesn't post on here will probably never understand it.

Between the squirrels wrecking my moss, and puppows chewing my cut putty off, I couldn't ask for a more awesome time.

Thanks Spring, Social Distancing, and Bonsai Nut!!!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I am very thankful for your post and for the opportunity for everybody here with shared interests to express accordingly.

Me personally I am walking a very thin line with bonsai, being an expat on a work visa who could at any moment (with this volotile 'economy') be forced to abandon/liquidate my 50+ babies and have to move back "up North" where this activity is not feasible. So now, I am appreciating the fact that I can routinely walk along my benches and literally watch these awesome little trees grow more and more every day. It is the most relaxing thing ever, and anybody who doesn't post on here will probably never understand it.

Between the squirrels wrecking my moss, and puppows chewing my cut putty off, I couldn't ask for a more awesome time.

Thanks Spring, Social Distancing, and Bonsai Nut!!!
Even in darkness, there is light. I sincerely hope you get to stay here and continue your enjoyment of our hobby.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the Good thread on this!

I waited in the line for Home Depot the other day. I was telling people it's like the line for the world's shittiest carnival ride!

I love it because people are more receptive to foolishness!

Yeah Spring. Though it snowed Thursday.
80F Tuesday, Snow Thursday. Meh!

I got my Kiln shelves. So sexy!20200410_134730_HDR.jpg

Fired some River clays in the Raku Kiln.20200410_085215_HDR.jpg

And this "bowl".20200410_085315_HDR.jpg
20200410_085357.jpg

Found a Blue Rug with a wicked bend at the current Soil line. Got my fire extinguisher.
20200408_130757.jpg

Ought to Fire the Big Kiln this week!

Sorce

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am enjoying living at a sane pace. Have more time to spend here with you all. I visit every plant daily. I have done more seeds and cuttings than ever. Still cleaning up the ceramic studio and hope to be making pots again soon.

Top Bottom