It's not all bad...

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am having a great spring. I only lost one tree this winter and it was one I hadn’t worked on yet. We have had ample rain here in North Carolina so I have a lot of good water for the trees. Since I am retired staying at home isn’t unusual for me. The only downside to all of this is that I worry about my kids and grandkids.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Odd.. Biggest change to my life is that I work from home 5 days a week instead of trying to get one day a week from home in. Work continues; Maybe I am a bit busier than usual and have my meetings through video conference.. Shopping continues. Strolls & bikerides continue.
Ohw yeah, 5 weeks no toilet paper in the store. That is new. And I do not need to look for excuses to spend the saturday in the garden instead of meeting up with friends. THat is new.

But overall.. No biggie.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So most of the time we are just counting our blessings and keeping moving with projects.
Two of our daughters are doctors, one in an ICU in Detroit, the other bouncing between ER and Delivery in Mesa, so it pays for us to just to keep busy and not dwell on what could happen to either of them and their patients.
Our latest effort was installing a Johnny’s Pink and a Sharp’s Pygmy in our landscape, not for bonsai!
Next project: To build another freestanding “tall boy” bonsai bench.
9280AB14-218B-4726-846B-832397C027F9.jpeg 5C55F2AE-B760-4C47-9D13-431A7C12BF81.jpeg 32AD2337-8F11-42DF-B53D-A95BA2671936.jpeg
cheers DSD sends Happy Easter!

Reaction score
5 weeks no toilet paper in the store.

Have you started on the towels yet?
I would mail ya a roll but the newspaper comes in stacks ;)

Jk, we bought 2 packs before the hoarding started, there's plenty left in store last time I checked too. Weird how that can fluctuate so much.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So most of the time we are just counting our blessings and keeping moving with projects.
Two of our daughters are doctors, one in an ICU in Detroit, the other bouncing between ER and Delivery in Mesa, so it pays for us to just to keep busy and not dwell on what could happen to either of them and their patients.
Our latest effort was installing a Johnny’s Pink and a Sharp’s Pygmy in our landscape, not for bonsai!
Next project: To build another freestanding “tall boy” bonsai bench.
View attachment 295421 View attachment 295420 View attachment 295428
cheers DSD sends Happy Easter!
I'm sure you're really proud of your daughters, but understandably scared too. Wishing for them to stay safe, they are heroes.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My sister in law asked to come over and dig up some of our hostas. I don't remember her having any interest in gardening before, but I guess boredom has driven her to a new hobby. They really needed thinning anyway, and she brought me some iris's as a trade. :)iris.jpg

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a full house. Glad to have daughters that enjoy each others company and a family that gets along as well. Very fortunate to still have a two income family (I pray for those who do not). Very fortunate and I realize it!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have you started on the towels yet?
We have bought some alternatives, yeah... We did not buy any when this all started as we still had most of a large pack. But down to 2 rolls in the house. It is getting a bit odd.
There is always the trusted bucket of water. Would be good to have a Japanese bathroom right now.

Rabe

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Alot of people work at home now. I still have to go to work now and then because I work in a critical job (Military Air Traffic Control), luckily the shifts are now 2 or 3 times a week instead of 5 or 6. So I get to spend some more time at home with the wife and kids. I picked up my pianolessons again and have more time to enjoy the trees wich are all leaved out. Ooh and yes I have bought me self a nice present, a Korg Folca Keys, so now I can fiddle around with music even more. Our dog Jack seems to enjoy my extra freetime, follows me around where ever I go, gets lazy in the sun (gotten him burned nuts) and he gets to enjoy more hikes these days.

Attachments

• IMG-20200411-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20200411-WA0011.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200405_160923-01.jpeg
    20200405_160923-01.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200322_152710.jpg
    20200322_152710.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
We have bought some alternatives, yeah... We did not buy any when this all started as we still had most of a large pack. But down to 2 rolls in the house. It is getting a bit odd.
There is always the trusted bucket of water. Would be good to have a Japanese bathroom right now.

Poop carefully mate ;)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
This was the best weekend we've had since this whole COVID nightmare began. For the first time in almost three months we were able to get our hair cut. Tonight we actually ate dinner AT a restaurant. It was outside and no servers. Order the food when you walk up, pay and they call you up to get it when's it ready. Not bad at all. And I got an email from our son, all's well in Alaska.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am very much enjoying my first summer in a home. Apartment living for the last 17 years- I now get to keep my trees close by.
I have planted 6 hydrangea bushes, 2 blueberry, 2 Weigela bushes, 1 crabapple tree and a quince. Very exciting. Next year I want to add some climbing roses and probably several other things. 8836E46F-D5FB-4560-A72C-B9423FE1D641.jpeg095F6479-F454-45A3-85A0-ECB3B2840C4F.jpeg

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Alot of people work at home now. I still have to go to work now and then because I work in a critical job (Military Air Traffic Control), luckily the shifts are now 2 or 3 times a week instead of 5 or 6. So I get to spend some more time at home with the wife and kids. I picked up my pianolessons again and have more time to enjoy the trees wich are all leaved out. Ooh and yes I have bought me self a nice present, a Korg Folca Keys, so now I can fiddle around with music even more. Our dog Jack seems to enjoy my extra freetime, follows me around where ever I go, gets lazy in the sun (gotten him burned nuts) and he gets to enjoy more hikes these days.
Glad to know it’s not just my dog! I still refuse to put sunscreen on them no matter how much he asks!

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Way late but just found this somehow lol. For me it’s work, and my learning about trees and making sure they’re growing good and happy. (trees are all in growing and planning phases) here’s a picture of work since I don’t have tree pics yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 22

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So we cook Chinese, Italian and Trinidadian [ read old time English ]

Don't eat out much, because we are not into salt and oil.

Now anyone who has the ailment, is listed as Pneumonia
how to get around the ailment, ---clever.
Anthony

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
We used to always go out on Sundays, do some shopping, go somewhere with friends, eat out, etc. Today I spent 4 whole hours cleaning up the trops, testing out my new Christmas tools and planting 4 trays of cuttings. It was an awesome day. Plus I have a new @sorce pot and a Camellia on the way. So not so bad.

Top Bottom