its spring here !!

dazz

Seedling
Reaction score
after the long cold winter its finally spring. went outside today to check on the plants and my crimson queen has 2 new leafs already and is sprouting new buds.

question is how should i go about it now. have removed the branches i dont want, have fed it liquid fertiliser already, its in a full sun position: early morning - late afternoon sun. seems to be in good health with no pests.

should i change its location?

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
focus on the world cup dazz,i hope for your sake you guys do it this time.You guys are so good but you seem to have the same big match temperament as we have in the bloody cricket.May the best team win....

dazz

Seedling
Reaction score
^ hahahah we got it in the bag :D first game on Friday plenty of time :D although it seems everyone is out to get us :D

GerhardG

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Ahhh RWC, everybody will be drunk and watching the rugby, I'll have the dams all to myself to fish my little heart out!:D:D:D

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I thought that japanese maples didn't like full day of sun. But if it seems healthy then I won't be the one to tell you to move it. Would love to see some pictures.

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
As a general rule, no, Japanese maples don't like full sun all day. They're understory trees in their native range. But you're far enough from the equator you might be able to get away with it. Are there other local growers with whom you could compare notes?

dazz

Seedling
Reaction score
daily temp high still is not hot. only goes up to a high of 19c / 66F. here, outside temp rarely goes over 29C / 84F. although the sun does burn the skin on touch.

what about the PH level? i have one of those soil probe tester things. it says ph level is around 8 (max it goes towards alkaline).

i can go to the nursery i bought it from to ask. might get another one actually :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom