It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.... (JBP #2)

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This little guy didn't afford me much in the way of styling when I first got it as you'll see when you scroll down. Aside from tree # 1, trees 2,3, and 4 were given to me in 2008. Todays before pic shows a healthy robust tree with larger than I would like needles. My friend who gave me the trees started the styling but obviously didn't have a plan. With the exception of tree # 4, the basic trunk design was pretty much in place in these two year old seedlings at the time and I had to work with what I had. pic 1.jpg

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's the todays pic after the fall work. I like the design but have to work more on reducing the needles as they too big for my taste on this little JBP. pic 2.jpg

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A view from the top shows the fine branching system. As it is with most pics in 2D it's hard to see looking head on each individual branch and its shape and in fact makes the tree look fuller because of a lack of depth that can't be seen. pic 3.jpg

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Going back to the beginning this is what I had to work with, something I didn't really care for as I saw nothing in the way of a future for this little guy. pic 4.jpg

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As time progressed though I was happy that the tree was very healthy but something had to change if I was to have a nice little shohin. That branch on the right just didn't fit inpic 5.jpg

Top Bottom