It's time to post your best tropicals here!

Jayhawk

Seed
Reaction score
New member here, and I thought I'd share a couple of my tropical bonsai. First a Jade (had a bad run in with a squirrel breaking the pot last fall...so not quite back to it's former glory):

IMG_20210521_125643239~2.jpg

Next up a small schefflera forest after pruning:

IMG_20210521_125813313_HDR~2.jpg

Finally my future bonsai, named Uncle Keith. My mom received this ficus when my uncle passed away about 20 years ago, and it was about this tall (roughly 5'). She grew it to about 8' tall and it was a wild mess. I had to rent a U-Haul to get it to my house. I'm slowly pruning it down in size. I'm hoping in about 10 years I'll have it at a nice and tidy 2' tall with some decent branch structure down low and that nice thick trunk, but it's an experiments so I guess we'll see how it goes.

IMG_20210521_125823129_HDR.jpg

Eric

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
yet? So you have plans to as this one to your collection? 😀
At least I can try making one as big as that one!
In fact it is not so difficult. One can buy big Jaboticabas in regular nurseries, chop them down really hard, and they will happily sprout all over the old wood.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
In fact it is not so difficult. One can buy big Jaboticabas in regular nurseries, chop them down really hard, and they will happily sprout all over the old wood.
That’s SO neat..

And conversely, up here you can buy ENORMOUS pines, spruces, Elms and birches in every common nursery!

Gotta work on that Zip-Line to South America... Columbia is gonna be PISSED! ;)

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I look forward to that when you go for it! Please make a thread to document the progress 🥰🥰

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
we really need to talk when if ever, i come back to brazil!

Top Bottom