I've learnt to write my name in japanese....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Migel Hose, or Hose Migel?

Remember, Japanese name order goes last - first, not first - last. Also, there should be a space or a dot (center period?) in between names generally.

ホセ・ミゲル
ミゲル・ホセ

Characters look really good. Neater than my Katakana.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

Remember, Japanese name order goes last - first, not first - last. Also, there should be a space or a dot (center period?) in between names generally.

ホセ・ミゲル
ミゲル・ホセ

Question..

My first name is "Leo"... it is the Astrological/Mythological "one"..

Is there such a character in Japanese?

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

ホセ・ミゲル
ミゲル・ホセ

My real name is Jose Miguel, so I should use ミゲル・ホセ. I love the beauty of these characters, they look georgeus.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Question..

My first name is "Leo"... it is the Astrological/Mythological "one"..

Is there such a character in Japanese?
Technically, anything can be written in kanji as long as you can find characters that closely match the pronunciation. Most parants choose names based on meaning and often loan part of the name from a relative. Kind of the same way you see, a family with three kids named, Jake, Jennifer, and Julie.

More recently, so called "Kira Kira" names have become popular, which is where people are basically inventing new names with unusual or obscure kanji, or by using very uncommon pronunciations for them. This is generally pretty problematic, because it makes it impossible to know how your name should be read. Now a days, a lot of people need to ask. - Due to the nature of most kanji having multiple different readings.

My coworkers son's name is Leo (not sure which kanji he uses though).

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
My real name is Jose Miguel, so I should use ミゲル・ホセ. I love the beauty of these characters, they look georgeus.
I generally find Katakana to look very agressive and masculine. Theres actually a bit of history to that, but I guess it can look cool.

Top Bottom