J & G's Japanese Maple Nursery, Woodleaf, North Carolina

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If he had a website that offered mail order sales I would be on board. I buy several maples and other plants online every year and many come out of NC. But I don't do facebook and don't presently have time for road trips. My loss I suppose.
You might try Eastwoods in Washington, Va. They have online ordering. I'm going to try to get out there this fall, hopefully.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You might try Eastwoods in Washington, Va. They have online ordering. I'm going to try to get out there this fall, hopefully.
I have known Henry Eastwood and his wife Francine for decades. Anyone curious about visiting their operation is free to send me a PM. I don't know anything about their shipping.

John P.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Woah—what a place! I hear ya about maples in SoCal. I’m down to about five and won’t be adding any more.

JGsJapaneseMaple

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello All! thought I would introduce myself although Greg has done a great job of doing so in the article. I can easily ship out 1gs with no issues. I do so on a weekly basis but as Greg mentioned I've slowed down the pace on shipping and posting online due to the major move and setting up and building a new nursery. I first started the nursery business under JR'sMaples and have grown since then. I truly try to take pride in what I offer for sale. I am still finishing up work on the nursery and will be working on another greenhouse(30x100) for the winter I will be closing up my normal hours of open every Sat at the end of August to focus on late summer grafting. I will still be available by appointment for anyone wanting to pop in and will be able to provide a cultivar list for anyone wanting trees shipped out. I ship only UPS on either Monday or Tuesday so that trees don't spend the weekend in a warehouse.

Email is typically the best contact but feel free to shoot me a text as well.

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Excellent write up! I will have to add this nursery to the list for me to visit.

I know I’ve mention Get Rooted Plant Nursery in Chapel Hill, NC in a previous thread before but I highly recommend you make a plan to visit them at some point.

I got this 7 gal? Katsura maple for $50 from them which is an unheard of price for this size of maple.
View attachment 446590
For 50$? Is that a special price or same for eveyone?

firefighter616

Seedling
Reaction score
Couldn’t be happier with everything. I am so pleased to have a new reliable source for 1 gallons. Katsura is “small“. He told me it was small but I picked it Anyways. Yeah it’s the size you would from Mrs Maple and for a better price. Shipping is also less. Inventory even this time of year is awesome but spring will be amazing. Being able to communicate with the vendor and get responses and great service is so nice and appreciated. I am coming up with my spring want list for mail order and I think a road trip for larger will be happening this coming year

These were repotted in this photo

vics broom
kiyohime
katsura
purple church

Attachments

• A1F616DB-32CC-48D9-AF1B-AD7A1CE088A7.jpeg
    A1F616DB-32CC-48D9-AF1B-AD7A1CE088A7.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom