Jaboticaba harvest time...

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Jabotibaca harvest time! I'll be doing some air/layers on interesting branches soon. The fruit makes great wine. With the weather changing up here I'm hoping they will survive. 20 years ago they didn't but now there's more control thanks to a large rain shelter.JABOTICABA.JPG P1020422.jpeg

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Jabotibaca harvest time! I'll be doing some air/layers on interesting branches soon. The fruit makes great wine. With the weather changing up here I'm hoping they will survive. 20 years ago they didn't but now there's more control thanks to a large rain shelter.View attachment 149776 View attachment 149777
I like your shelter, arches are the way to go! How big are your jaboticabas that are fruiting? I have a couple in a long pot, and a couple in the ground. One I planted over my dog when I burried her. It doesn't need fertalizing for a long time but it's 2' tall. The other gets attacked by leaf cutter ants. They like to help defoliate. Anyway how long untill they start fruiting? I haven't ever seen less tried them. But I like the small trees, they are nice with the different colors on the trunk. Cool trees. I hope I can keep this place and come see all the trees I planted for my son to enjoy if I don't.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
I like your shelter, arches are the way to go! How big are your jaboticabas that are fruiting? I have a couple in a long pot, and a couple in the ground. One I planted over my dog when I burried her. It doesn't need fertalizing for a long time but it's 2' tall. The other gets attacked by leaf cutter ants. They like to help defoliate. Anyway how long untill they start fruiting? I haven't ever seen less tried them. But I like the small trees, they are nice with the different colors on the trunk. Cool trees. I hope I can keep this place and come see all the trees I planted for my son to enjoy if I don't.
They are on a friends land, about 20" high. Yes the bark is nice like Chinese quince.

Top Bottom