Jacaranda Mimosifolia Progression - From Seed

Reaction score
Ive wanted one of these tree for a long time now, their flowers are beautiful its a shame they take 14 years to flower when planted from seed! I want to try and find a nursery tree started from a cutting.
I just bought one from amazon very nice. we will see if it gets flowers. The thing grows like a monster I have to keep topping it back!IMG_20210619_145656.jpg

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
She's a pretty little thing! Will all new growth have this lovely color contrast?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Any updates on any of them this year?
Fourth growing season. Got extreme cutback in spring. Can't stopped it growth. Can't imagine this as a small bonsai. I fancy it as an ornamental garden tree. Maybe someday it will flower. Even without the flowers I do enjoy its foliage and form.

IMG_1218.jpegIMG_1219.jpeg

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Fourth growing season. Got extreme cutback in spring. Can't stopped it growth. Can't imagine this as a small bonsai. I fancy it as an ornamental garden tree. Maybe someday it will flower. Even without the flowers I do enjoy its foliage and form.

View attachment 447889View attachment 447890
Lovely 😊 how thick is the trunk?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yikes! This has actually grown about 5' 6" since its spring cutback and gained about 5/8" of caliper. Getting ready to bring it in which it doesn't like. I'll try to tie up the foliage to get it through the door. Sorry photo's not uploading.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is quite the lovely plant. Some of the most delicate foliage I have seen.
Wish I had room for one. I am actually thinking of getting rid of my orchids and some of my houseplants to have more tree room. Maybe then I can get one of these.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It is quite the lovely plant. Some of the most delicate foliage I have seen.
Wish I had room for one. I am actually thinking of getting rid of my orchids and some of my houseplants to have more tree room. Maybe then I can get one of these.

finally got it to upload! Hmmm you might be ready for this one !! 😂😂

8C414C19-04D1-41BB-A188-8E541BDC2573.jpeg

Top Bottom